Recent content by edgewatertom

1. edgewatertom

///// Group Buy -- 5 speed to 6 Speed Add on gear (MK IV) /////

Unfortunately it's still sitting on the shelf...along with a brand new transmission and clutch. My son found out the hard way he's not that good of a driver and put it almost nose first into an embankment. Yep it's totaled. I picked up an 03 rust free gasser with a blown motor and will be moving...
  2. edgewatertom

Unfortunately I went it alone. Make sure you understand the bank and import fees, they add up quick.
  3. edgewatertom

2001 vw Jetta tdi fsJonesboro Arkansas

Moving this to the for sale section might help.
  4. edgewatertom

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

My son just picked up a 2014 328d with just under 80k on the OD. What should I look for or look out for to help him have a great ownership?
  5. edgewatertom

Which MK4 to use for swap?

Hmm. I was referring to the engine GP harness. >https://www.idparts.com/glow-plug-harness-for-oem-bewa5-brm-038971782c-p-675.html I can or can_not use that one on an ALH in a PD chasis?
  6. edgewatertom

I have a 2 wire glow plug system. If the new ride is a PD, easiest is to switch to the PD 4 wire glow plug harness, correct? If the new ride is a gasser, I'll need to do under dash work for the GP system, correct? Is there a separate harness to get from the donor that handles the GP functions?
  7. edgewatertom

OK conversion gurus, I need some help. Which of the following MK4 Jetta’s and maybe Golf’s would be the easiest / most practical to convert / upgrade /modify to use my ALH and manual trans with all of the other goodies from my freshly totaled 2001 Jetta? It has an ECU with imob delete. 1999.5-...
  8. edgewatertom

ALH TDI Motor Mounts

https://www.idparts.com/mounts-c-29_57.html
  9. edgewatertom

Looks like the interest in this is minimal at best. I'll give it a few more days and then will most likely go it alone.
  10. edgewatertom

Is there anyone else serious about getting one of these kits? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger. Andrew, maybe you can ask the mods to move this to the Group Buy section.
  11. edgewatertom

So let's get a hard count and see where we are. I'm in for 1 it and maybe 2 if that gets us over the line. See if Radim will give you a hard shipping cost to 21037 for 10.
  12. edgewatertom

Euro tunning 6th gear add on kit

So let's get a hard count and see where we are. I'm not sure if the OP is still interested, he's not logged is for a while. Maybe we need to start a new thread with group buy in the title. I'm in for 1 it and maybe 2 if that gets us over the line. See if Radim will give you a hard shipping...
  13. edgewatertom

Euro tunning 6th gear add on kit

I'm in for a 74 5th and 59 6th. I might be willing to receive them and ship them out. Not sure what the weight on a single kit is, so we'd have discuss some shipping costs before hand so no one gets their panties in a bunch. Here's some info from an email exchange I had with Radim a while...
  14. edgewatertom

Rare Parts Descriptions

This might be the hood cable support 1J0-805-971-B41