Recent content by EBiehn

1. E

Limp mode 02 beetle

Thanks for all the info!
  2. E

Limp mode 02 beetle

No it hasn’t been scanned. No recent work done other than I replaced the fuel filter and replaced front rotors/pads. The loss of power was kinda sudden as I noticed it entering a freeway ramp. And in general I drive like g’ma.
  3. E

Limp mode 02 beetle

I’m scheduled to get this issue diagnosed as this is above my pay grade. The problem is slow acceleration. Can get to 60-65 mphour but it doesn’t get that boost in order to get there. What’s this gona cost me depending on the diagnosis?
  4. E

Intermittently slow accelerating beetle

What is MAF?
  5. E

No codes. What do u mean by after cycling the key?
  6. E

No codes
  7. E

What might be the cause of the occasional slow acceleration?
  8. E

02 bug hatch not releasing

I was at the auto parts yard and could’ve came away with an actuator, which may or may not have solved the issue. I don’t know if the issue is a dead actuator or corrosion of the wires. Or even if it’s a blown fuse (btw, where is the trunk latch fuse and how do I know if it’s blown?)
  9. E

Released the hatch manually. I can’t see where any of the electrical would be malfunctioning. Took drivers side panel off as well to take a look in there. Gas servo works just fine. Is it a fuse issue?
  10. E

Removed the trunk emblem and definitely no keyhole. Have to take advice of above post and go from there.
  11. E

I don’t hear a sound from the servo. Dead air. And the trunk is nothing I can open with a key/fob.
  12. E

Went to release the hatch and nothing. The release is on the door next to the gas release. The electrical is fried or what? What’s the remedy?
  13. E

Broke lug

Yep, my bad, kinda a neophyte with cars. Like a new hub assembly? Can’t it be as simple as drilling it out and replacing the broke bolt with a new one. Best case scenario.
  14. E

Broke lug

managed to torch off the head of a lug nut on the passenger front wheel and now I’m stuck with what remains. I’ve talked with various shops including dealership service center. Can it be successfully drilled out, removed, what have you. Does anybody out there have any experience with this
  15. E

Carrier clip install on pads

What gives I can’t seem to fit the new carrier clips on to the old caliper carrier. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to get a new carrier in order for them to fit?