Recent content by e*clipse

1. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

The fuel filter is a definite weakness in my maintenance program. I purchased a heavy duty fuel filter/water separator - a WIX 53698. Unfortunately, I can't find any info on line about it; they may have changed part #'s or something. Do you have any specific filter recs? I'd be happy to add...
  2. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

Hi Wally! Thanks for the tips! - no apologies necessary -:) Sorry for the late replies - my web is down, and I have to go to town coffee shops to get to a web link. Regarding the damage, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it's cause. Nothing is off the table, even if it highlights my...
  3. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

This would certainly be a good example of why to check the spray pattern. :o 1) how frequently would you recommend checking? (I had no obvious warning) 2) If there is a good warning (poor starting, smoke, etc etc) what is it? 3) For those of us without the equipment/expertise - who would...
  4. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

I'm doing ok. It's turned into a bit more work than I expected to replace the 1Z with a PD. Would you have any info about Biodiesel's maximum temperature and pressure that it can withstand within the injectors? I'm trying to approach this as methodically as possible. I would love to run...
  5. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

I agree DBW is definitely anti-biofuel. The main concern I have is that he did make some good points when we were talking about it. Specifically, the issue of Biodiesel's ability to resist high pressure and temperature. Both temperature and pressure are significantly higher on the PD's vs...
  6. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

I always used ASTM biodiesel from certified commercial sellers. I would use anywhere from 25% to 75% (splash mixed). The main reason I stayed away from 100% was to avoid issues with chemical incompatibilities with hoses and o-rings. Over this weekend, I had both my "new" PD injectors and my...
  7. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

Good news - thing's are not as bad as I thought they were. :) DBW will be able to use BEW pump pistons in AJM PD bodies. The remaining issue is that the BEW pump pistons have different ends than AJM pump pistons, so the adjuster screw/ball pin that threads into the rocker will need to be...
  8. e*clipse

BEW vs European (pd150 or pd115) injector adjuster

I recently acquired a German AJM PD engine for a project. Part of the project is to upgrade the nozzles to PP1043 nozzles and have the nozzles properly installed and balanced. (and tune, of course :rolleyes:) I've sent the injectors to DBW and learned that the pump piston and ball pin for...
  9. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

Pirate day! Update; a few things have been happening on this.... I've swapped engines on the stand with my "new" PD from Quality German Auto Parts. I pulled the PD injectors - which is a bit more work than the old school ones - so I could send both sets of injectors to DBW. I've ordered the...
  10. e*clipse

PD control with EDC15P+

jjordan11 - Thank you very much for those diagrams - that is extremely helpful! :) oldpoopie - I know a bit about 1's and 0's as well as the electronics that make work together. Do you have any logs of the electronic i/o's and the computer stuff with it? I'm curious about digging into it to...
  11. e*clipse

Will PD150 injectors do 200 whp?

Thank you guys for this awesome discussion. :) Really this question is for anyone who has experience pushing these 1.9L TDI's into the 150>200hp range with 200>230ft-lb of torque would be nice. However, is it realistic for long-term reliability? Would you have any idea what a 1.9L TDI could...
  12. e*clipse

PD control with EDC15P+

Ok, thank you. :) What do you mean by "us spec injector bodies won't play nice?" -E*clipse
  13. e*clipse

PD control with EDC15P+

Ohhh! Didn't know that! Will the Euro PD injector bodies work with the Bosio nozzles? I was going to upgrade to the power plus 1043 or maybe even the race 783's from DBW. :cool: While I'm on that topic, is there a level of sane limitation for this extra power? The reason I ask is folks...
  14. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

I think it would be a good idea to send the injectors to DBW. I'd like to find out what happened to them and what led up to that. I've been running a mix of 25% to 75% biodiesel. Generally I purchase it from ASTM certified suppliers. Most of it has been from Springboard biodiesel here in...
  15. e*clipse

TDI in a Toyota pickup

I looked closer at pistons 1,2,and 3. Both 1 and 3 have a small amount of scuffing on the side near piston 2. Could the extreme overheat of piston 2 lead to the issues in pistons 1 and 3? Also, what would lead to an injector putting out such a bad spray pattern? Would using biodiesel...