Recent content by Dynodon

1. D

Passat Replacement based cabin size?

As the time drew near to turn in the '14 TDI SEL, I stepped up my search for the replacement. I loved most things about the VW, but didn't want to get another VW. My choices were limited because I had to have HD FM radio. My short list included a '17 Ford Fusion Sport. Decent room, not quite...
  2. D

Buyback- Now I have to contact my lender

I have pretty much the same story as the OP. I turned in the car (14 TDI SEL) on Jan 21. A few days later we got our payment to our bank...so everything is ok...right? Nope. When I put in the first information several months ago, the payoff through VW credit was one amount. AS of the last...
  3. D

TDI Loan payoff advice

Our Passat has been turned in, we got our payment, but now, more than two weeks later, our loan through VW has not been paid off, and the Loan company will owe us three payments back. Here is some advice, that we thought of too late. While I do believe that eventually we will get the excess...
  4. D

Seat Covers for '14 TDISEL

Well, this happened within 6 months of buying the car, have been fighting this ever since. So it's not like I didn't try cleaning it myself, and the Peoria dealer has tried everything they have to clean it, the color is several shades darker than the original cloth, and leather. They blame it...
  5. D

Seat Covers for '14 TDISEL

Honest, I could not find a "search" feature, so I am posting this! :o update: found search feature, I switched e-mails, and that must have turned off that feature till I replied to the confirmation e-mail, please help with the questions below if you can, meantime, I will do a search. The cloth...
  6. D

Passat Windshield Question?

My 2014 TDI windshield had lots of little sand pits as early as 15,000 miles. We did a lot of highway driving in those miles, and it hasn't gotten a lot worse since then. Now have about 25,000 miles but I would love to get a new clearer windshield since this one causes vision problems in the...
  7. D

Fender audio, do u like it so far?

My complaint is because I paid a bunch for the Fender system, and it was advertised as having such a great front soundstage! Test disks show it probably has a reversed polarity in some or all speakers, and VW/Fender/Panasonic etc should make it right. Either they all have their heads in the...
  8. D

How are leather/Dynamica seats holding-up?

My '14 showed discoloration on the drivers side at less than 10,000 miles, I tried everything I had and could buy to clean it and no joy. Went to dealer and they said it was blue jeans, and they could not and would not do anything (VW in Springfield, IL). My interior is the light tan (not...
  9. D

anyone from central Illinois?

Mark, Just visited again, first time in a while since buying my TDI, also just requested to join the facebook page. I live in Washington IL.
  10. D

Fender audio, do u like it so far?

my 2014 Passat TDI SEL has the Fender system, great bass, but ZERO front sound stage. All sound comes from the far left and right. Any sound intended to come from the center, instead comes from the left and right, no center sound stage. This was a big selling point from Fender and VW, and I...
  11. D

2 issues, cold feet, rough idle

Thanks for the update on the thread, interesting.
  12. D

2 issues, cold feet, rough idle

I can't get my feet warm enough in this cold weather in Illinois, and along with the cold, my TDI SEL idles rough. I understand some of the rough idle may come from cold thick fluid, but even after over an hour of highway driving, it still does it. I have also lately noticed that as the rpm's...
  13. D

2014 Passat is very bouncy on undulating roads

If so please post: Year of car- 2014 TDI SEL Mileage-13500 Resistance to push-(strong,moderate, soft) strong Time to set after push-immediately
  14. D

2014 Passat is very bouncy on undulating roads

My '14 TDISEL is very stable in crosswinds, most FWD cars are more stable than RWD cars in wind because they are being pulled rather than pushed.
  15. D

2014Passat headlight adjustment?

Palouse, Thanks so much, I will look for that and enjoy better light!