Recent content by dwf

1. D

Thread for Runonbeer (Robby in Austin)

Just found out runonbeer moved from Austin. Sad to see ya go but completely understand leaving Austin. Good luck to you and your family. Thanks for your help over the years from the owner of the black 05.5 my wife called "Possessed".
  2. D

TDI ABS Module and Pump Issue

SCG - Service rep said he was going to talk to the parts department. I bought the car from them in 09 was on their waiting list about 6 months. The mechanic said it was a part failure and there was nothing that could have prevented it. $2200 at 110K miles add big time to operational cost, this...
  3. D

TDI ABS Module and Pump Issue

2009 TDI Jetta 110K Miles VIN letter K Issue: While driving at hwy speed the ABS light came on. Dealer (Georgetown, TX) diagnosed the isssue as an abs module failure Used module and pump about $150 New module from dealer $1500 Dealer Labor $700 I'm told it's dealer only serviceable b/c of...
  4. D

Diesel vs. Hybrid

There's more than one way to build an environmentally-friendly car. While carmakers lament their overflowing lots full of unsold cars, slow demand isn't a problem for Volkswagen's 2009 Jetta TDI, the first passenger car with a clean-diesel engine that gets 40 miles per gallon on the highway...
  5. D

Diesel Gets Its Green Card

Artical link on www.msn.com Jan. 09, 2009 Volkswagen has the Jetta TDI sedan and Sportwagen. Starting at just over $22,000, they're federally rated at 30/41 mpg in city/highway driving. But here's the first real-world benefit: Most diesels, unlike gas cars and hybrids, can top their...
  6. D

2009 Tdi

My alignment is off too Nice TDI motoblue, my red 09 TDI also has an alignment issue. Noticed the steering wheel off just a few degrees so I called to make sure my dealer is aware. It rolls without any drift or pull so I will wait until the first service to request the fix.
  7. D

2009 Tdi

I checked my 09 TDI mpg and the computer was spot on. I would guess that as the tires wear a bit the computer will be off a little.
  8. D

2009 Tdi

Is'nt the only thing new the US build. Body ,chasis, 2.0L Engine, and DSG has been around the block a few times just not in the US.
  9. D

2009 Tdi

Show me the proof. Until someone has documented proof of this it never happened.
  10. D

2009 Tdi

NW of Georgetown near a little town called Andice. Paid msrp at Automax in Killeen.
  11. D

2009 Tdi

I drove the 09 TDI off the lot Friday night. Put over 600 miles on it this weekend. Equipped with the DSG I averaged just less than 44 mpg. Driving through the Central Texas Hill Country I was getting a little over 46 mpg; not using the cruise control. On the flat West Texas hwys using the...
  12. D

2009 Tdi

Yahoo…. I finally found my Jetta! I did some checking around and a dealer about 50 miles away has a car that I want on the lot. I put a deposit down at a dealer months ago. I called and ask them if they were going to take my deposit if I decide not to buy through them, they said; "no". Great...
  13. D

2009 Tdi

I did not think the Nav was worth it so I have not ask about that. I am bless with being one of the top on the list. I get a call about TDI every couple of weeks. The big thing for me is the auto, sunroof, red color and tan interior. I also told them I would consider other light exterior and...
  14. D

2009 Tdi

I ordered mine a couple of months ago. The salesperson later came back and told me that VW was not taking orders and what they get is what they get. I have turned down 8 TDI so far. I guess I am a bit picky. He also told me that the dealers that have sold their TDI get cars they don't expect...
  15. D

2009 Tdi

I have not read a good reason as of yet to pay more than MSRP. All post I have read are excuses and not financially responsible. It seems more about status and having the first TDI on the block. So why don’t people just admit it? I just hope those of you that do pay more than MSRP have planned...