Recent content by dv911sc

1. D

2014 Jetta TDI Sportwagen power loss hiccup - PROBLEM SOLVED

I wrote in a couple months ago about an intermittent power loss hiccup my ‘14 TDI Sportwagen was having. The car has 52K miles and was not a buy back car. The issue was intermittent and each time the glow plug and dpf lights flashed for a second but NO CODES were thrown. This went on for a...
  2. D

2014 Jetta TDI Sportwagen power loss hiccup

That’s a good thought. I mentioned that to the dealer. So the update from the VW engineers today is they want the service tech to go through the egr and dpf systems and if needed replace any parts. They are wondering if that system is causing a stutter and periodic stall when stopped. VW is...
  3. D

Hello everyone. Back again. This issue is getting very frustrating. The wires to speed/camshaft pos sensor were fixed. Didn’t fix the issue. VW engineers wanted to replace the HPFP on their dime. Didn’t fix the issue. VW engineers then decided a full set of injectors were needed so those were...
  4. D

Thanks to all for the insight but I think we found the problem. I took it to the dealer. The symptom happened for the tech. Job 1 done...They were at a loss so it was elevated to VW Corporate to ask their engineers. The first and only place they suggested looking was at the Engine speed sensor...
  5. D

Thanks everyone. Is it also common for these to **** off randomly at a stop light or in a drive thru? It’s happened 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Put in neutral or park, push the start button and fires back up and runs fine. I did confirm today this was not a buyback. It was built in June ‘14...
  6. D

That is a very interesting thought for sure. Thank You! So when the fuel filter was replaced they said there was some algae like substance in the canister. They cleaned it out and manually engaged the pump and The fuel looked clear but I wonder if the HPFP is acting up from the mildew in the...
  7. D

Hi. I am a newbie and wanted to ask this group about a very perplexing issue I’m having. I live in NW Ohio. My wife drives a 2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen. The vehicle has 52K miles. About a month ago it developed a strange issue when driving at low speeds or higher speeds and letting off the pedal...