Recent content by dustystdi

1. D

2006 Jetta wont stay running after Sunroof Leak

Well when I got home from work today I reconnected the battery and turned on the key switch. No change. Will I was trying to fall asleep last night I was researching the key antenna that DanG144 mentioned and found out that I unplugged and sprayed contact cleaner in the steering module not the...
  2. D

I just googled it and it's actually referred to as the Shift Lock indicator light.
  3. D

I also need to add two things that i forgot to add in my first post. 1)When I turn the key switch the gauges don't move. Even for the second that it runs no movement from RPM, SPEED, TEMP, or FUEL. I know the speed and temp probably won't move during this but the other two should to my...
  4. D

Well I was hopeful but no luck. I removed and cleaned every ground I could find inside the car. I think it was like 5 or 6 ground lugs each with atleast 2 to 4 brown ground wires. I also loosened and retightened all the fuseable links, and every ground lug I could fine under the hood. Same thing...
  5. D

Well we have to be careful what we ask for Bob. S. LOL Now remember I have the seats removed, carpet gutted, center console removed, radio amp removed. But WOW a lot of codes. 00-Steering Angle Sensor -- Status: OK 0000 01-Engine -- Status: Malfunction 1010 02-Auto Trans -- Status: Malfunction...
  6. D

Background: I have a 2006 tdi jetta that I bought from a friend that has been sitting for about 6 months. When I picked it up this past weekend it had about 4 inches of water in the floor due to leaking sunroof. I vacuumed, removed all carpet and floor vents. I have been running dehumidifier for...
  7. D

1993 toyota sr5 ALH tdi swap (3 week project)

Well i am getting rid of the stage 3 tune on my ECM so that the stock turbo i have on the truck right now will not be pushed to hard. It should be much more reliable. Just curious if anyone would be interested in buying my toyota? I am not able to drive it now as much as i would like so I am...
  8. D

I need another turbo. My s7 is done. I don't want to rebuild it again. I've got around $2500 in this turbo trying to keep it going. I would like something else. It would be nice to have a little bigger so that maybe it would last longer but I would also consider going back to stock turbo just to...
  9. D

Do yall see a problem with the oil analysis results or does it seem more like maybe and over revving issue with this turbo? Maybe after I rebuild it myself it will last. 3rd times a charm, hopefully.
  10. D

This is my oil analysis results. This is what my oil looked like right the same day that my turbo started squeling. I dont see anything unusual, and it passed the test. I should also tell you that this oil had about 5000 miles on it at the time.
  11. D

Well I haven't had a chance to rebuild the turbo yet. I have been getting it rebuilt by a licensed born warner rebuilder. Not sure what parts he is using to rebuild or what he is setting the actuator to. I was thinking about trying to rebuild it myself this time because I figured I didn't have...
  12. D

Well it's been a while since I've been on the site. Update on the toyota is that there is nothing really to update. They rebuilt the turbo and I pampered the truck for maybe 10,000 miles and it was running great. Then all of a sudden one day on way home turbo started squealing again. I stopped...
  13. D

Well I've had another set back with my turbo. I just heard back from the shop that I have some kind of contaminants in my oil. There are grooves big enough for a fingernail to get caught on the turbo bearings. Oil contaminants is not covered under warranty. My turbo guy is recommending a pre-oil...
  14. D

Not sure what happened to injection pump but I replace it with a used one I bought and truck runs perfect now.
  15. D

NEED HElP Ok my truck does not want to start. When I try to crank it on diesel it will crank probably 30 seconds before starting. Sometimes it won't ever start. If I switch over to me veggie system I am able to increase my veggie fuel pump to about 40 psi. If I do this I only have to crank on...