Recent content by duratitus

1. D

Last days of the VW Settlement...

^^^ Yes, it is a work in progress.
  2. D

VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

Yes I have found a lawyer who is willing to take these cases on a contingency. PM me for details.
  3. D

No problem, I thought the discussion about how diferent states handle totalled cars was okay, but the discussion was getting a little long imo.
  4. D

As the O.P. to this thread, please take your discussion to a private message if you don't mind. Back to the original topic, In our case the CRC has denied 40-50 appeals for vehicles that were rebuilt prior to Febuary 26, 2018. It appears that their "general framework for processing branded...
  5. D

Buyback after accident experience.

I agree, you made the safe choice. I'd have done the same in your position. Take it from a guy who has over a dozen cars that were denied because of damage. They can't change the rules, but they did..... All they have to do is have the Claims Review Committee in their back pocket.
  6. D

Disregard that...... The deadline to submit a claim was September 1st, so if you've not started the prcoess before then you've already missed the boat.
  7. D

Ineligible for buyback but no reason from Ricepoint!

Thanks, and my apologies....... I don't know when the Canadian settlement was reached.
  8. D

Ineligible for buyback but no reason from Ricepoint!

The settlement was actually reached in 2016, well before the phase 1 fix was ever made available. And yes, getting the phase 1 fix done automatically disqualifies you from being eligible for a buyback offer. A small amount of research in your part would have easily informed you of the option...
  9. D

Buyback dealers in MD

Like I said, there is no way to know which dealer may be available for the drop off / buyback until the portal allows you to schedule the appointment,. then it will give you a list of available dealerships.
  10. D

Buyback dealers in MD

Dealers don't buy back the cars, VW buys them back. The dealers are only the drop off point, and there is no way to know which dealership to go to until your claim is approved through the claims portal. At the start of the program any authorized VW dealer could be used as a drop off point...
  11. D

We just received denials for 8 vehicles from the CRC. All 8 cars were totaled after 6/28/16 and all were rebuilt November of 2017, well before the 2/26/18 deadline. There was no reason given by the CRC other than, "The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed your appeal and determined...
  12. D

Do you have any idea what you are going to do now?
  13. D

Do You Need To Be There In Person For The BB?

There is a process for selling a car back with a power of attorney, but you have to restart the entire claim with that power of attorney. You can't just switch to a power of attorney when you go in for the appointment. You could call VW to get the details.