Recent content by durallymax

1. D

CARB Says "Nope" To 3.0L TDI Fix Proposal

I'd have to do some more reading on that. That statement could mean two things. 1. That the actual DEF tank and possibly the injector are not heated. On most systems these are heated, some don't heat the injector but all of them heat the tank. Not every tank is warmed by engine coolant...
  2. D

That article just refers to a "catalyst". The 3.0 doesn't have a NOx trap(LNT, NOx absorber, etc), unless you consider the SCR catalyst a NOx trap(which I don't because it confuses two separate technologies). The 3.0 has the zeolite coating inside the DPF versus having a separate SCR...
  3. D

Green vs. G12/13 Coolant

Peak Fleet Charge is not an OAT, it's a pre-charged fully formulated conventional coolant. Peak Final Charge Global is their OAT with Final Charge NOAT being the nitrited version. The Chrysler Orange is the same G05 as Ford yellow or off the shelf. G05 and G12++/G13(G40/GG40) are both...
  4. D

While that article is intriguing, I'd like to see the actual documents because something doesn't add up and I suspect both the authors potential lack of technical knowledge and possibly VW/Audi's slight of hand could be to blame. Audi did not invent "pilot injection", that concept is very...
  5. D

Green vs. G12/13 Coolant

In 800k did anyone every test the coolant, or perform any sort of maintenance other than top ups and maybe freeze point? Bit confused by the "excessive corrosion" part. You list the expansion tank and rubber hoses. We're these components attacked by the coolant or were there deposits in them...
  6. D

Green vs. G12/13 Coolant

The stuff for imports is referring to Asian vehicles. The difference is that the Asian version does not use 2-EHA as an inhibitor which in some cases can attack certain materials and is more susceptible to aeration. Every region does something different and it's not always due to the...
  7. D

Green vs. G12/13 Coolant

Ahh I see it now(read it wrong), in that case I'd suggest PG or worst case, fixing the leak(lol). Water pump cavitation is another issue many engines suffer from, again due to design or improper coolant maintenance. It's not always the impeller though, some erode the housings instead. Sent...
  8. D

Green vs. G12/13 Coolant

Not every diesel is prone to cylinder cavitation and parent bore engines are much less susceptible(no liners shifting around)although they are generally throw away engines should they ever have an issue. Older heavy trucks needed SCAs at regular intervals when using older IAT HD coolants...
  9. D

Green vs. G12/13 Coolant

Ethylene Glycol is still poisonous, even in a genuine VW bottle. Fortunately, most coolants are embittered. Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
  10. D

Audi A6 TDI

Decided to upgrade to a nicer TDI the other day, an A6 TDI Prestige. Aside from being a prestige it is pretty basic, the only additional upgrades are full LED headlights, Cold weather pack (heated wheel, heated real seats) and the Glacier White Metallic paint (looks like white). I was...
  11. D

Audi A6 TDI, should I trade?

Well I'll take that as a Yes so who wants to buy a TDI Cup Edition?
  12. D

Audi A6 TDI, should I trade?

Currently have a 2010 TDI Cup Edition that has Malone/Rawtek and a few other things. It has a manual trans, so at this point to push it much further I need a clutch, turbo, new tune, etc. In the end its still a Jetta that bluebooks in the 4 digits. I like the car, but I don't obsess over it...
  13. D

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

No they do not, NOx is still higher for diesels in the euro standards while other things are lower Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
  14. D

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Wrong on both accounts. Passenger cars are measured in grams emitted per mile/kilometer. Larger engines and/or off road are primarily measured based on grams per bhp-hr. You cannot make more NOx with more power. The actual amount of NOx emitted is higher with higher power but not in...
  15. D

Grams per mile or kilometer for cars. Bigger stuff is grams per kwh or hp-hr Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk