Recent content by DuraBioPwr

1. D

Car won’t start, cranking but not turning over. Then oil light and beeping

My guess is crank position sensor. Lots of issues with them on the BEWs. And issues associated with the old TSB 'fix' that was done years ago. Do a search. Lots of help diagnosing crank no starts on BEWs.
  2. D

2005 1.9tdi PD BEW Bora Wagon Boost drop and shudder.

Rough idle and shudder could be air in the fuel system. Put a clear return hose on and look for bubbles.
  3. D

2005 1.9tdi PD BEW Bora Wagon Boost drop and shudder.

Might be the vacuum lines or the N75 valve that controls the turbo actuator. Since you got VCDS graph N75 output while it does it. Determine if it coincides with the shuddering. If the output or desired to actual is correct then investigate the vacuum lines.
  4. D

What does "B10TDI" stand for? Is it rare?

Its BIO (short for biodiesel). I remember them selling those years ago when biodiesel was hot and upcoming. 2006-2008 ish. Been making bio for 20years and yes its easy to screw up. My 2004 Jetta is coming on 100K (330Kmi total) of pretty much B100 usage however and running strong. Quality matters!
  5. D

Vegetable Oil as an Emergency Fuel?

I make biodiesel so I know all about veg oil. It does not last nearly as long as diesel. Goes rancid within a year of sitting in a hot trunk. Easily. Then your not eating it or using as fuel. Wont work at all in your common rail anyways. If you want something that will last get a small...
  6. D

Buying a new turbo - 2004 Jetta TDI with BEW engine

100% on the braided line. I went the hard line route and took HOURS to snake it back in around everything with the engine still installed. Braided would have been a 10min ordeal. yes, your old line is likely to twist off at the banjo bolt on the turbo.
  7. D

Buying a new turbo - 2004 Jetta TDI with BEW engine

A 'cheap' turbo could cause a very expensive blown engine from a runaway. Not worth it. I put a Garret VNT-17 on my BEW from ID parts. Works great with a stage 2 malone tune. No issues and will likely last longer than the OEM turbo as its much less stressed. Fit perfect and came with the...
  8. D

BEW swap no start please help

you need to try that ECU on a running BEW. Flashed wrong or the IMMO is still active. Zero fuel means the computer says no for some reason.
  9. D

BEW swap no start please help

Immobilizer lockout?
  10. D

2005 NB BEW/DSG Just Shut Off While Idling

My guess is CKP also. I would pull it out and inspect and see if any metal bits on the tiny little magnet. When my cam was on the way out the CKP sensor grabbed some of the metal and gave intermittant issues. The metal was just enough to mess up the hall effect sensor. Did the 2006 BEW also...
  11. D

LuK 17-050 New DMF Clutch Assembly with 15,000 miles Shudders/Grabby on Clutch Release

Air in the clutch master/slave system? Air will obviously compress and would think would do weird stuff when right at the engagement point of clutch to friction surfaces. Just spitballing...
  12. D

Efficiency Question

The soot is minimal part of lost efficiency compared to thermal loses. A modern diesel is may 35% efficient as far as heat consumed turned into motive power. The rest is lost through the tailpipe and radiator. A gasser is even worse. About 25-30% efficient. Heat engines are not very...
  13. D

Extreme hard cold start

Next time you park it put some pinch clamps on the supply and return lines to isolate the pump. Like the needle nose vise grips. Might have drainback issues and this will temporarily help to isolate. Obviously take them off when ready to fire it up.
  14. D

Nice! Im a bit behind you at 330Kmi in my 04 Jetta. Have done a bunch of the stuff you have listed already. I did the ID parts cam also, I hope it lasts and does not fail like yours. These cars really are amazing. The longevity, fun to drive and fuel economy is matched by NOTHING today.