Recent content by DucMike

1. DucMike

Upgraded my bulbs on my OSRAM LEDriving XENARC headlights

Well; lights are in, and the bulb upgrade seems to have worked fine. Problem, I’m running into though is the bank of DRL‘s on the right side headlight don’t come on. For whatever reason, the plug on the back of the headlight to the car seems to be inverted that the release tab is up against the...
  2. DucMike

Sorry; you were correct. I looked closer at your initial bulb pic & saw the two-piece adapters & figured it out. Got the new bulbs in new ballasts on & new harnesses between the two (thought the ballast end had a 90 degree I wasn't anticipating). Just need some dry weather to install 'em and...
  3. DucMike

I ran across mine on Facebook marketplace of all places. Guy was parting some goodies out off his car, and the two jewels were a set of these lights along with one of the VW Helix subwoofers. I have seen them on eBay though. That was going to be my path until I did find these. following along...
  4. DucMike

Having recently acquired a set of these headlights & I’m in the process of upgrading bulbs/ballasts, I have a question. Am I able to reuse the existing cables or will I need to source a set to fit the new bulbs & ballasts?
  5. DucMike

Single DIN in-dash CD radio installed today

No; he and I are very familiar with one another. Had him set up the pre-out on my unit. He was not comfortable with doing the LEDs since he had nothing there to compare color temperature to. Was hoping for someone who had already done this for a VW since they would have a better idea of exactly...
  6. DucMike

Single DIN in-dash CD radio installed today

Zombie thread indeed. Just installed what I assume is the same deck in my Mk3 (his photos aren’t showing up for me) but mine looks like this. Only problem is my display lights up in red. I was interested in this Chubbs Auto that was mentioned by OP and info on the changing of the illumination...
  7. DucMike

Unlock/lock European sound

Got mine off eBay if memory serves. Used this thread for install info...
  8. DucMike

Illuminated VW steering wheel ??????

Girlfriend's '12 3.6 SE had the backlit switches & everything still worked after swapped in the '15 GLI wheel.
  9. DucMike

What did you do to your car today?

Are you talking about that Homelink/auto-dim/compass model they recently came out with? That should've come with a harness that runs down to the headlight switch (though I did cut mine off & run it to the domelight assy. on my Mk3).
  10. DucMike

For those who have Upgraded to the OEM VW NAVI

There was a procedure like that. I made one to load my discs, then loaned it to a guy who never got it back to me. Not sure what version discs you're planning on using but iirc, the latest updates from NavTeq no longer requires that extra step. Of course, the latest updates are quite a few years...
  11. DucMike

Drivers side power window switch interchangable?

For the record; that driver's side switchpack will interchange between any (4-door) MkIV Golf, MkIV Jetta or B5/5.5 Passat.
  12. DucMike

Boxster front brake upgrade

True. Since I didn't have to increase the diameter of my rotors, I'd say mine was about 50/50 bling to bang. Of course, getting the calipers for $100 didn't hurt any.
  13. DucMike

Boxster front brake upgrade

I'm running these on my 20th and they fit like a charm. Of course, my knuckles had bolted-on carriers, but other than that... :rolleyes: http://www.purems.com/Products/BS002.PURE-Motorsport-Boxster-Caliper-Brackets
  14. DucMike

I think I fixed my water leak....

Well, I guess it's time to fix my leak... Thank you citizen of Oakland. Came out after seeing Kraftwerk (amazing show btw!) to find this awaiting. Nothing taken, and I was one of about 7 or 8 cars that were hit. Cold drive home. Thankfully, I was able to get some bodyshop sealing sheet over...
  15. DucMike

Calipers

Fwiw, I'm running a set of Boxster calipers on my '03 20th using brackets I sourced from PureMS.