Recent content by dubidoobs

1. dubidoobs

Limp Mode for VNT Actuator, and more.

Not near Morristown but up by Jefferson where I had the turbo replaced. NORTH JERSEY MOTOR WERKS (973) 713-7925 Sent from my Star-Tac using an iPhone5 through Tapatalk by way of my Nokia 3600
  2. dubidoobs

Rear Fog Lights

Does ur setup work like how mine ended up being? Can u turn on the rear fog with just the park? (2nd stop on euro switch)? Sent from my Star-Tac using an iPhone5 through Tapatalk by way of my Nokia 3600
  3. dubidoobs

Replaced the turbo, and installed DieselGeek's P2015 bracket and all is well in the universe again...anyone want to buy a mint "mk6" TDi wagon with 103XXX mi? Brand new turbo ? Sent from my Star-Tac using an iPhone5 through Tapatalk by way of my Nokia 3600
  4. dubidoobs

Car went to limp mode with glow plug light flashing. Scanned and pulled 8 codes, one of them is for the VNT actuator. I have a schedule to bring to the shop but not until towards the end of this week. I understand a car on limp mode should be driven too much (read at all), but was wondering...
  5. dubidoobs

P0401-000-EGR System Fault

I don't know and I'm not even sure anyone knows. Good buddy of mine got me a used EGR he pulled from a JSW from his work (salvage yard). Procrastinating on doing the replacement but, sine it's not a 100% easy job - especially I'm planning to do on the ground. Assume it's the EGR and the DPF...
  6. dubidoobs

How many miles do you have? The dealer I went to said VW covers exhaust systems up to 85kmi. So if you're over that (like my car was at the time of my second MIL - update above), you're SOL. The MIL will be intermittent, as the issue is athe EGR clogging up and sending problems to the DPF. Once...
  7. dubidoobs

Dealer estimated $3K for EGR replacement. DPF delete = ~$1.5K
  8. dubidoobs

Update to this post - fast forward 2 years later and same code, but it seems as the DPF is throwing in the towel, which lead to EGR damage. Yep was ready for the inevitable. EGR going bad and ending up ****ing up the DPF...VW said I'm out of warranty but I finally got to ise the aftermarket...
  9. dubidoobs

Intermittent P0401 EGR Code

That was the Service Writer's quote, but thank you for the clarification.
  10. dubidoobs

I was starting to smell a bit 'o soot at startup Sent from my Star-Tac using an iPhone5 through Tapatalk by way of my Nokia 3600
  11. dubidoobs

Yep was ready for the inevitable. EGR going bad and ending up ****ing up the DPF...VW said I'm out of warranty but I finally got to ise the aftermarket "service warranty" I rolled into the finance. Just paid $100 deductible and 3hrs of my life and I was on my way... X2 for me Looking into DPF...
  12. dubidoobs

Had to bring this thread back to life again, as I got the EGR code for the second time - I recall already having this replaced under warranty some few thousand miles ago. Can anyone confirm the mileage for the "extended" warranty is 120k? I hope so coz I have 90K+ now.
  13. dubidoobs

Hella Supertone Horns

Anyone install these on a facelifted JSW (mk5/6)? I had these working fine on my mk5, but when I installed the same way on the "mk6", doesn't seem to work right.
  14. dubidoobs

Changed My Fuel Filter Today

The OP mentioned the tiny Torx screws, and just in case no one read between the lines, do your best not to overtighten those screws. The threads on the canister and the screws are very soft. IIRC Bentley says, they have ridiculously low torque specs like 5#...ask me how I know
  15. dubidoobs

stripped fuel screws :(

IIRC the torque specs are only like 5nm for those. Ask me how I know and how I have spares of these screws ?