1. 20190207_135547

20190207_135547

2. 20190207_135540

20190207_135540

3. Rollover

Rollover

4. D

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Was filling up on the way home from a movie the other day, whole family in the car, and like 95 degrees outside. I stopped at the pump, left it running, and went around to the pump to pay and fuel up. My wife rolls down the window to ask me if I plan to fill up with the car running :) "Yes...
  5. D

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

So my latest story is a riveting tale: I nearly put diesel in my son's 2006 Mini Cooper S on Saturday... *whew* :D
  6. D

Would you buy a mk6 TDI?

The 12s were mostly fixed of the HPFP issues anyway, by then they were on like the 4th iteration of the HPFP. I would not hesitate to by a 12 or newer Golf TDI, they are great fun and return excellent fuel economy for the power you get.
  7. D

Washer jets on bonnet

go back through from the far side with a heavy gauge wire, then tape it to the connector?
  8. D

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

Nice! I just replaced my brakes through Turner, didn't know you carried brakes parts unfortunately... Guess I need to take a closer look at your inventory :p Love those wheels too; great weight savings. I want some lightweight bronze wheels, as I think they'd look amazing with the mineral...
  9. D

Did you read your own post? You are literally the one claiming your Golf is faster in a 1/4 mile...:confused:
  10. D

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this, but you did state "335d will walk away from golf from a dead stop, but golf will blow doors off 335d within 1/4 mile" so it seems to me like he has a fair question... :confused: I think his point was pretty fair... You've built your Golf well and no...
  11. D

The F30 diesel has more overall room than a Golf does but it is definitely more cockpit-like so it feels tighter. Personally love mine, bought it March of last year and have put just over 30,000 miles on it so far.
  12. D

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

GTIs are amazing cars overall; but I'd go to a 2017 if you can. The new model is so much nicer than the previous generation. That sounds like a dealer trying to capitalize on cheap wholesale cars; don't think those represent the entire line.
  13. D

Need a new battery for my Golf TDI

This thread just popped back up in my list, so figured I would comment with an update. When I turned my car in to VW (Buyback) it had 57 months and 171,000 miles on it and the OEM battery was still going strong ;) Summers here can easily reach 100 degrees, while I am sitting here typing this...