Recent content by dtreid

1. D

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 Safe to Use?

I have a bunch of it. VW lists the mobil 1 esp 5w-30 as compatible with 507.00. Would it be a bad thing to use 5w-40?
  2. D

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 Safe to Use?

Can I use Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 in my '15 Q5 TDI? Container says suitable for diesel engines with DPF but it doesn't list the VW 507.00 spec on it.
  3. D

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 Safe to Use?

Can I use Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 in my '15 Passat? Container says suitable for diesel engines with DPF but it doesn't list the VW 507.00 spec on it.
  4. D

Trans issue after recalibrating

I change the dsg oil in my Jetta and then did the recalibration procedure with vcds, Everthing worked fine except for clutch calibration which it say 'not available' in Group 62 I performed the defined test drive. Car shifts fine but hesitates and is a bit clunky from part or n into gear from...
  5. D

Key FOB Programming

Need to get spare key for my 2013 jetta tdi. Can I program the new key with vcds? On my 2015 Passat TDI I had to go to the dealer for the overpriced key and programming.
  6. D

2013 Jetta Low Power and DPF Issue

Turns out the turbo is seized. Darn.
  7. D

2013 Jetta Low Power and DPF Issue

New to me 2013 jetta tdi with 190000kms Very low power. DPF light is on till you drive it a bit, then the dpf light goes off and the glow plug light starts flashing. Throwing codes: P2BA6 P1A58 P0299 Tried a standing regen which aborted after about 30min. Won't do a driving regen. When it...
  8. D

2015 Passat TDI regen 8863 and tranny

New to me 2015 passat tdi with 6 speed manual tranny. First problem is I get a reoccuring code 8863. I have cleared it, driven the car for a couple hours and it comes right back and the car seems to keep trying to regen? According to the previous owners it has been doing this for quite some...
  9. D

2015 Passat TDI water pump failure @ 88k kms

Got it bled with vcds. Crazy system that takes a computer to bleed the coolant.
  10. D

I found an adaptation channel with vcds that is bleeding coolant system. Clicked it to active and ran it for a bit. Temp gauge came up but no heat in cabin. Still need to make space for about 2l of coolant but the level in the tank isn't going down. Am I missing something?
  11. D

Changed the water pump myself. Old one had a very bad bearing. Is there a bleeding procedure for putting coolant back in the engine?
  12. D

I've spoken to the dealer and vw Canada several times to plead my case. They don't want to budge on their position.
  13. D

So the water pump just failed on my 2015 Passat tdi with 88000kms. VW won't cover it under the extended emissions warranty which really fries me. I've done timing belt/water pumps on older tdi's, but never an ea288. Info online is a bit sparse. Is there any reason that I can't just mark the...
  14. D

2011 Golf TDI emission not done...question

Looking at buying a 2011 Golf wagon at auction. 160k kms. Engine light is on. None of the dieselgate emissions recalls have been performed. Will the dealer 'fix' the car under warranty as is when they do the emissions recall, or do I need to address the CEL myself issues first? Thanks to...
  15. D

2015 Passat Phase 2 not completed

It's phase 2b that hasen't been done