Recent content by dsldub

1. D

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Yes, it's fine. That is what I did.
  2. D

Drove 1300 or so kms out of 2000 kms allowed, and returned the car empty. Hopefully, they will not try to load it on the upper deck of the transport truck, it may just run out if they lean the car back enough... :p Empty by dsldub, on Flickr
  3. D

The TDI settlement went very smoothly for me. I had all the paperwork approved within one week. That was last May 2017. You can go ahead and start the online process, then pick a buyback/trade date later on. I changed my trade-in dates no less than 4 times, due to the replacement/new car...
  4. D

Completed my TDI trade-in process today. Took 10 minutes to complete. Very efficient and professional, can't say the same about the new car delivery tho. Sad day. :(
  5. D

It's been less than a week and I've gone thru 500 of the 2000kms allowed already.
  6. D

oh trust me, this dealer is full of surprises!! That's why I'll have my own certified cheque. I just don't trust them anymore.
  7. D

Thank tho! Makes sense, and kinda what I figured. I can always send in the funds later on to VW Finance via snail mail. When I ordered the car, they implied that they'd take the cheque off my hands, but that was a long time ago (last September, yep, I ordered my car last SEPTEMBER!!!, it's been...
  8. D

Got the call from RP earlier this week to confirm KM's. They will have the cheque ready for when I drop the car off I assume, but my question is: Do I need to deposit the cheque first before I can do the trade-in? (I can always deposit via app on smartphone) I have the buyback and new car...
  9. D

Did emissions test two weeks ago on my car (not fixed). Passed just fine. It was free too.
  10. D

if anyone is looking for a wagon TDI, there is one at Georgetown VW. Don't know if new or used: Tdi by dsldub, on Flickr
  11. D

Not really my fault, I'm ready to buy now. Im only delaying the trade because 2018 are not out yet this year for some reason. Any other year, and they'd be out by now. No pricing available either....Will see. Reason I want to switch dealers is mostly because they don't want to play ball...
  12. D

That's what I feared. I selected trade in already for mid-September, but nothing is figured out as far as the new car. Problem is, 2018 are not out yet. Can't for the life of me, buy a car sight unseen. call me old school maybe. The TDI needs emissions and sticker renewal come September...
  13. D

I have my appointment (trade-in) booked for middle of September with one dealer, but I'm considering switching to another dealer, as I may buy the "new" 2018 car from them and not the dealer I setup the appointment with originally. How hard would it be to switch dealers, and how soon? I assume...
  14. D

You really have to baby the car to pull that off, something I could easily do with the TDI, even with a heavy right foot.
  15. D

Yes, i have been noticing the same thing lately. There are barely any posts anymore. I'll be driving my car until mid September, that's when i scheduled the turn in date.