Recent content by drucifer

1. drucifer

Auto to manual swap

Speed is measured by wheel speed sensor on the a5. A4 is thru vehicle speed sensor. Your tiptronic uses a sensor inside the transmission.
  2. drucifer

Oil In Intercooler

A spoonful or two is not a problem. A cup of oil is a problem.
  3. drucifer

OMI meaning in Car-part listing

They have not responded. Il
  4. drucifer

Bad camshaft VS bad rod bearing.

Buy tools at parts store. Remove valve cover, inspect and take pics. Reseal valve cover. Way faster and cheaper than waiting and paying for another shop to look at it.
  5. drucifer

Help me replace my rear axle bushings. SoCal. Seeking help or advice

If there's a self serve junk yard practice there.
  6. drucifer

Bad camshaft VS bad rod bearing.

I think it would be reasonable for them to send pictures of the damage and good profiles on the cam lobes. That's just me though.
  7. drucifer

These notes were on car-part so probably not old man intake.
  8. drucifer

I've been looking at parts for a 5 speed swap. I see notes that say 1.9 OMI or FWD OMI. What is the acronym trying to convey?
  9. drucifer

Will it Hold?

IBW, I cannot see this set up creating enough torque to need SMF. VNT17 and RC1 plus seems to be around 225 to 230 ft lb. That's why I was looking at the LUK 17-050. The description on your listing states 260 ft lb easily. The power that the car is making is plenty for me. I don't see an...
  10. drucifer

Will it Hold?

Anybody? Reading about it gives mixed views. Automatic ps line may work but would be ugly. Some say shifter housing works, others say no. It seems manual o2j axles work across all mk4 tdi.
  11. drucifer

Will it Hold?

I'm trying to get parts together for a 5 speed swap going into a 2004 BEW wagon. I've found a 2005 BEW beetle that the trans swap is being sold out of. The wagon has rocketchip 1+ and vnt17. Will all parts go over? (axles, pedals,switches) transmission is likely EGS. Should I wait for an EUH...
  12. drucifer

BEW VNT17 help appreciate

That's really weird that the shop didn't at least offer to clean the intercooler or replace it but sent you on your way . I'm not sure they could prove the repair was a success. Vnt 15 doesn't go on bew. KP39 was original on bew. VNT 15 stock on ALH. If both cars are bew you could send the...
  13. drucifer

Help with Diagnostics 05 Jetta Wagon PD from VAG Codes

17 year old PD car needs the rocker cover pulled and a camshaft inspection done. Perfect time to look at injector harness. If original probably needs replaced. Injectors are long lived. Harness not so much. Check this thread at top of tdi101...
  14. drucifer

Searching for a unicorn apparently.

Any clue why they would list a part they could not get? With a date to ship? Seems like a great way to get your name out there but in a bad way.
  15. drucifer

Searching for a unicorn apparently.

All others turned up dead ends. Used from ebay or car-part may be the way to go if you need it faster than April 4th.