Recent content by drucifer

1. drucifer

Key fob help

Choices are dealer or another dealer. Read through the home page to find the particulars. http://sidewinderkey.com/
  2. drucifer

Rear bumper replacement

Picked up a rs wagon bumper 3.5 hours. Only spent $5 extra on fuel taking the s10.
  3. drucifer

Rear bumper replacement

I'd been only looking at pick s part va,car-part, CL and the classifieds here but I will put LKQ on my radar. There is another member that I've been pm'ing that needs the same RS bumper. He is one county south of me.
  4. drucifer

Rear bumper replacement

I looked at the lkq website. No wagons and a couple rs sedans. Is it possible this was not so recent and the car is already gone to the crusher?
  5. drucifer

Eliminate Thermo Tee and fuel Filter Temporary for air leak?

If you tried pull the hoses off the tee they crack easily. I would do without the car for a day or two before trying to go around it. The car is at home where it's warm with food, bed and bathroom. When you reinstall the hoses use some silicone grease on all the nipples.
  6. drucifer

Rear bumper replacement

Will it make any difference to the painter what color the bumper is?
  7. drucifer

Rear bumper replacement

We are way past that. I just want to get it over with or live with it. Car has total clear coat failure on the roof and top of the hatch plus sunburn on one fender. She's not a looker.
  8. drucifer

Rear bumper replacement

My wagon got kissed by an f250 with tow hooks. I can find bumpers of the right vintage but wrong color. Right color is 4plus hours away and really needs paint anyway. Should I have it painted then install or vice versa. Locally my choices are gold or white.The car is reflex silver.
  9. drucifer

Possible dieing DMF: Random clanking f/ driver side

The only thing I go to firestone for is recheck alignment on that sweet lifetime alignment. Anything past 2 alignments and it pays for itself. I never had them say it was fine and didn't need adjustment.
  10. drucifer

Increasingly slow to shift into drive

FYI filter is inside the transmission. Case must be split. But yeah for the price of a couple litres of fluid it's worth a shot..
  11. drucifer

seat belt

Try scrubbing the belt. Pull it out all the way then shut the door on it. Scrub brush or power wash at home or self serve car wash.
  12. drucifer

Whats the going rate of ALH and BEW used engines?

The guy gives so much to this forum. We should be glad what response we get. I'm not going to begrudge the man cause he slept in or chose to keep replies to weekdays before work. Thanks for the link.
  13. drucifer

Increasingly slow to shift into drive

Mine did that at 243k. Nothing a rebuild didn't cure. Technically it's probably the valve body not making enough pressure until it gets some heat in it. Three ways to go here If you have to have auto get it rebuilt. 5 speed swap it Sell it and buy another that works properly. 5 speed or...
  14. drucifer

Whats the going rate of ALH and BEW used engines?

He is definitely an early riser.