Recent content by drucifer

1. drucifer

FS rebuilt 2005 Passat TDI

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/buying-selling-tdis-read-this-first.200517/ Just say what you want for the car and provide pics. Anything else is just wasting time and energy.
  2. drucifer

What the clutch Chuck

https://www.idparts.com/complete-clutch-conversion-kit-p-3860.html I used this clutch during the 5 speed swap. Very easy to use. No noises at idle. Even though the price has gone up significantly I'm sure the others have too.
  3. drucifer

Which one should I go with?

I suspect anything that says audi is going to cost more and be harder to find. Stick with jetta wagon. Models newer than 2006 will have expensive emmisions equipment. First year wagon was 2001 but very few made. 2002 and 2003 best years with ALH engine. 2004 and 2005 with BEW a close...
  4. drucifer

Stereo wiring mystery - 2004 Jetta BEW

Radios in your wrecked car get power from ignition. The newer car gets power from canbus. Read the attached thread especially post 6. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/2004-jetta-radio-intall.238633/
  5. drucifer

2004 Jetta TEI BEW automatic swap to 2000 Jetta TDI ALH

The wiring will be a little different. You'll have a much easier time if you live without cruise.
  6. drucifer

Pd oil help

PDs are pretty finnicky. Find a 505.01 like hp2 and stick with it. If no 505.01 available rotella T6. Always 5w40.
  7. drucifer

Members in Wisconsin between Milwaukee and Madison, please help!

Christmas or birthday is coming. Buy a topside style extractor and have it shipped direct. Throw in a filter cap wrench. Leave the actual repairs to Jason. If your daughter ever sees another mk4 tdi ask them where they get their work done.
  8. drucifer

What pipe do I need??

You haven't told us the year or model. Most of us are from the US. Start looking at the vw dealer web sites for parts or aftermarket web sites like darkside developments. The piping name will include "charge air" term. The description will also include from x component to y component. If...
  9. drucifer

///// How loud is your car ? / sound deadening /////

Put the rear seats back in without the headrests.
  10. drucifer

FB Find. '99 ALH(?) MT Beetle. 314k. AZ. $1.5k

To original poster. Jump on this now. Any competent shop should be able to put another clutch in and drive it home.
  11. drucifer

Looking for a 'cheap' TDI, looking for tips/ traps

5 speed cars more valuable so the bar is higher to scrap it.
  12. drucifer

Only difference is fifth is .744 and the older 02j are .756.
  13. drucifer

GSP axles.

I have no axles. My post was 1 5 years ago.
  14. drucifer

GSP axles.

1axles gone
  15. drucifer

I believe that dsg is unique to bew beetle. If it breaks you'll have to find one at the jy. I believe the specific axles are hard to come by. If it were a manual and less than a half day drive sure.