Drewser

Cut my teeth on TDI's with my 02 Jetta manual, new from dealer. Favorite car I've ever owned. Lots of mods, up to RC4 with all the fixings. Sold it around '07 to a friend's brother without talking to my wife and learned a valuable lesson...regretted it immediately, for multiple reasons. around 2016 the friend's brother called me that to let me know it was totaled so I bought it back to rebuild but frame was bent and not worth saving.

2019 I bought a 1 owner, 04 Jetta TDI and it became my wife's daily driver to make up for selling my old one out from under her. She rear-ended someone on the freeway in Mar 2021 and insurance totaled it. As luck would have it, an 04 Jetta Wagon with bad engine came up for sale the same week. Bought the totaled one back, pulled the engine (and bunch of other stuff) and put the wagon on the road. It's now my commuter car.

While getting the AC recharged on the 04 above, came across an 04 Passat TDI at the mechanic that needed work and the owners wanted to get rid of. Bought it for scrap price and put it back on the road. It's now my wife's daily driver.

March 2023, acquired the latest member of the fleet, an 03 Jetta TDI Wagon 5 speed we bought and are currently reviving.

Side note: owned an 05 Jetta I bought new from the dealer but sold a few months later when I realized how much I'd paid and how much a car payment sucked. Thankfully about broke even...
Occupation
Cyber Security
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
Fuel Economy
same as everyone else
Mods
Stock this time around

Trophies

1. 10

I like it a lot

Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
  2. 2

Somebody likes you

Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  3. 10

Can't stop!

You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
  4. 5

Keeps coming back

30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  5. 1

First message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.