Recent content by drewpul

1. drewpul

2003 Jetta Wagon manual Brooklyn, NY, $750! Project Car!

Are you or brooklyn or Chicago? I see in your bio Chicago as listed.
  2. drewpul

SOLD: 2015 Golf TDI SE - upstate SC

You'll get $5,000 for it easy. Heck, mk4's go for at least $5,000 and this is a much better equipped vehicle. If this were closer to me, I'd seriously consider it. Sell my DSG version of the same car and drive stick. Southern 1-owner car...win/win
  3. drewpul

SOLD: 2015 Golf TDI SE - upstate SC

Why are you selling? Any issues or things that will need to be done on it soon? Do you have any pictures?
  4. drewpul

2015 Golf TDI long crank first start of the day

Thanks VAGent. I was totally unaware of the CP3 vs CP4.1 and just read a bunch. Thanks for your posts in the CP3 threads.
  5. drewpul

Mk7 Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit

Couple of questions. I have a 2015 Sportwagen S tdi. And I found on Facebook a pretty cheap 2020 Jetta heated steering wheel. So I may want to pick that up. But: 1. Will my Lowline BCM support a heated steering wheel? 2. Do you think it's possible to have just a heated wheel and no heated...
  6. drewpul

I've actually changed the oil twice this year thinking that it may be contributing to this problem. First I ran some Mobil 1 in it for 2,000 miles or so. Then ran LiquiMoly engine flush for 15 mins. And then put in Rowe 507 spec oil. 5w-30 of course. One other random thing I tried.... I put...
  7. drewpul

Possible to make S trim into SEL?

Did any mk7 golfs in the USA come with the wiper fluid level sensor? I'm a bit scandalized finding out that mine doesn't have one! VW has had this on many of their cars for years, right?! I will be adding that to the to-do list
  8. drewpul

I checked the voltage while cranking. Lowest value I got was 10.2V during a long crank. What still puzzles me in the temperature pattern I have. Colder than 30-40 degress, starts up perfectly fine. Anything over 72 degrees outside also starts up perfectly fine. It's that middle range of 40-ish...
  9. drewpul

Pedro, I have tried priming the pump in OBDEleven before the first start of the day. And it still took 3-5 seconds to crank over. Does that point to anything in particular? Thanks for the above list. That is very helpful. Also, it pretty much happens every day on a routine basis. But today...
  10. drewpul

Hi Pedro, Could you provide some more detail on where I should start looking on my GSW? Timing belt has not been replaced. Battery is new within the past 3 years and has been tested at Autozone. I am at 12.6V before starting. Are you saying the new HPFP fixed the issue...you just didn't have...
  11. drewpul

What is the tool DiagnoseDan is using at 15:55 to lock the timing in place? Do I need to buy that tool to take out the valve? Or would a screwdriver or something similar be sufficient to lock the timing in place? I'd love to take out that bolt with the valves and try cleaning it first
  12. drewpul

Sold: 15 GSW SE package Seattle

Seems like a great price! I just paid $15,000 for mine which is only an S. Mine has lower miles, but it had been in an accident. Best of luck to you!
  13. drewpul

Mk7 greasecar

Thank you all for the comments! I'm going to continue to research this, but it will probably be a year or so until i seriously attempt this.