Recent content by dremd

1. dremd

New Upgraded Battery Cables

Just wanted to second above saying that these cables are really impressive and transform starting on these cars from I’m sure it will start to a COMMAND to instantly start. Best of wishes to all involved.
  2. dremd

PD150 Flexi Pipe/Accordian Pipe

I wrapped my MAF in electrical tape to make up the difference until I had Malone Re-tune my car for the PD150 / VR6 maf. Probably ran that way for 20,000 miles. only "issue" was it kinda slid over and looked misaligned after a while, no apparent leaks or anything, just not the cleanest.
  3. umm

umm

stuff
  4. dremd

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Last 2 times I’ve bought liquid fossils it was from 1” plus diameter nozzles. They fit fine in both my VW and Sprinter, but not by much. No idea how comma they are, I haven’t been to a gas station since February
  5. dremd

Soundproofing a MKIV - How much of a difference?

That’s impressive. That’s about what my Tesla is, but it has big noisy tires and leaky door seals.
  6. dremd

slow, dumb, cheap compound setup!

When you say poop fuel, are you still talking waste oil thinned with gasoline?
  7. dremd

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

I used to feel that way, in fact I thought that BMW I3 REX was ideal, after owning pure EV's for 4 years and about 100K I will say I was wrong, ditch all the complication, weight, maintenance, and wasted space for rarely used ICE and throw some more batteries in if needed/ rent/ an ICEonce or...
  8. dremd

Ah, yup, I missed that he is Canuckastani
  9. dremd

I believe Fiat 500 is going the way of the DoDo this year for USA.
  10. dremd

Certainly, but the car will keep going AFTER the occupants, not the other way around certainly an advantage. Statistics have shown a significant drop in vehicle fires in EV's vs ICE cars. I've been present for 5 ICE vehicle fires (one was mine). I'm actually looking forward to seeing an EV fire...
  11. dremd

Glass Headlamp Lens

Yup, the highest grade stuff that Lowe’s had on the shelf. It smells like some kind of solvent. There’s a spot of black on my Jetta reflector to this day. Super annoying.
  12. dremd

They were polite the entire time, I never felt scared, super super confused though. My mother had a pleasant talk with a social worker and didn’t know I was being talked to until I told her.
  13. dremd

EV will keep going underwater, under fire, under no oxygen and other extreme conditions. chance of a vehicle fire is also lower, however if there is a fire you will definitely make the National news.
  14. dremd

I do own a few Diesels, which vehicle I chose to run away would depend heavily on a) what the disaster was and b) how much energy was onboard already. Tesla community is unbelievably helpful, it’s basically a brotherhood even more so than TDI club. I’ve had 2 situations that made it abundantly...
  15. dremd

I would say that the number of times that my Tesla has been at to low of a state of charge to get away from a fire could be counted on one hand and have all been when supercharger hopping.