Recent content by dre77vw

1. D

97 Passat wagon ROUGH in Asheville NC

Tough job for a project. Possibly make a good parts car, but she's still running. $900 OBO https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/248295857858717/?mibextid=dXMIcH Andreprowland@gmail.com
  2. D

Battery Warning Light ... What's going on here?

hey guys, I appreciate your input on this. I recently had new motor mounts put in and part of the result was significant vibration. Soon after that, the Battery/Alternator warning light came on after cold starts, but quickly went away after driving or just revving the engine. Then going up...
  3. D

WTB downpipe assembly for b4

Used ok. Need a good price.
  4. D

Blinking Oil Light, Battery not charging

Successfully spliced the blue wire. Problem solved!
  5. D

Thanks for the help!
  6. D

The oil level is good. It started right up today. Then lost power and died. Is the oil light somehow linked to the alternator? I found another possible issue. There is a small blue wire going into connector that seems to be frayed/cut. It probably happened during the oil feed line repair. Is...
  7. D

unrelated coincidence? This problem started when I had it in the shop for the oil line feed for the turbo. It had blown tons of oil into the engine compartment. Also, I'll probably catch hell for this. The alternator is fairly new, replaced by the PO, but it is some kind of Chinese Autozone...
  8. D

My B4 1Z has done this a few times, only when its below freezing. The oil light flashes, the battery isn't getting charged, and the battery light eventually comes on (solid). On two occasions, after a jump, everything was back to normal. Tonight it happened while I was driving. I was almost home...
  9. D

FS: 2003 Jetta GLS Wagon TDI / 5sp

They are the most desirable in my mind because of the interior space. The Golfs are more desirable to many enthusiasts and often fetch a higher sales value. This year, there was near mint 03 wagon listed FS in this forum and on CL. It was offered for several months for just over $5k. When he...
  10. D

ISO: 2003 jetta/jetta wagon tdi manual

Did you see this one? http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=493592
  11. D

How many miles on it now?
  12. D

Exactly! I use searchtempest to isolate craigslist regions and receive notifications and set up alerts. If you come across one of the wagons (same specs except higher mileage is ok with me) down here around western NC, let me know! TO ORIGINAL POST: Also, traveling to another region could...
  13. D

2010 TDI Cup Edition Jetta

Besides the TSI being a gasser? Did you just assume that difference? A much bigger difference than bumpers.
  14. D

2013 VW Jetta TDI for sale

Someone's got to ask... What happened to the 4th factory wheel? GLFS
  15. D

2003 jetta wagon alh 5 speed

He wrote me that he was probably going to keep it. I guess he figured it is worth more to him than what he could sell it for. Maybe offer him the right price if you want it that bad. He said that instead of selling wagon, he is offering an ALH beetle with a bad auto tranny and he might even...