Recent content by Drclaw

1. D

RCD330 - suspect bluetooth problems - how to disable and where is receiver?

Hi everyone, I've been having issues with my RDC330 for a few months. I use android auto and my phone has not been consistently connecting to the unit when plugged in via USB. I get a "Device Not Responding" Error. It seems to be getting progressively worse in that it happens more frequently...
  2. D

Show what you tow!

Pulled the trigger on a new trailer after all. 5.5x10 all aluminum with aluminum deck plate and bifold gate. towed it home 50 miles and pulled like a dream. no issues. trailer weight is ~300# empty so not much to pull with no cargo. Im on a 4" riser and prob need to drop that down to a 2"
  3. trailer

trailer

4. PXL_20221126_201057055 (1).jpg

PXL_20221126_201057055 (1).jpg

new trailer
  5. D

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Swapped over to my winter wheels and undercoated with Fluid Film. Pulled off the wheel well liners, scrubbed everything down with a pressure washer, foam cannon and brush, dried as best i could then coated with fluid film, hit all the access ports etc...
  6. D

p2002 code and vehicle inspection due -clear and keep going or take to dealership for fix?

4 month update - no issues, no light. no signs of soot. Mileage hasnt improved or degraded. still averaging about 35-36mpg
  7. D

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Installed a diesel geek sigma 6 short shift kit
  8. D

Show what you tow!

Those are my thoughts as well. I feel like at 5 ft wide trailer is fine for me and probably a little bit easier to maneuver. However I called my local trailer dealer and the 5x10 that they had is now sold so if I want one now it's the 6x10. I could also wait, I don't have an immediate need but...
  9. D

Show what you tow!

Still making final decisions on trailer. 5x8, 5x10 or 6x10? Leaning towards 6x10, figure bigger ia better but would appreciate any thoughts from this group. And for basically the same price I can get a 5x10 with bifold ramp or a 6x10 with normal/tall ramp. I think I'd rather the bifold but...
  10. D

multiple codes after backup camera and trailer lights installed - MIL and Flashing glow plug - Need help!!

@DrGERTol played with the VCDS a bit today and cleared up a bunch of codes. I have one left, probably related to my cruise control issues. No other issues with my steering wheel of MFSW buttons, everything else works as expected. Monday,05,September,2022,14:48:12:39469 VCDS -- Windows...
  11. D

multiple codes after backup camera and trailer lights installed - MIL and Flashing glow plug - Need help!!

@DrGERTol I think I figured out what is going on, at least part of it. I got back home this afternoon and pulled the battery out, battery tray and air filter box so I could get a better look at what's going on. I also jacked the front end back up again and pulled the bottom plastic tray from...
  12. D

Thanks for sharing that. Very useful. I originally had it on the 7th from the right, with the larger gauge wire on it. See pic here. I think I said second from the left earlier but actually meant second from the right. You used that open spot all the way on the right fpr your battery tender...