Recent content by Dozenspeed

1. D

My Jetta MK6 TDI: Lucky dog or tragic victim?

I let them "fix" it at the last minute in december. Couldn't pass up the money and warranty. HPFP warrantied to 420k now. It's tolerable, but to this princess and the pea, VERY noticeable. Might stage 1.5 it after 420k to get those good vibrations back. All right, no more questions for...
  2. D

My Jetta MK6 TDI: Lucky dog or tragic victim?

I've been a bum. 400,000 mile update forthcoming. :)
  3. D

The age of engine downsizing is over, says Volkswagen

Sober customer in daylight guessed <95k mi on the odometer just this morning. People don't believe 339k mi on front brake pads is possible either. :D I heard Atlanta was 80-90 routinely. Morning is worst here. I've had pick-ups fly up on me at 85 in the wet, even when I leave the hammer...
  4. D

The age of engine downsizing is over, says Volkswagen

I was trying to force a regen in my car recently on 270 for many miles at 64mph so 5th would be at about 2050 rpm. EVERYONE passed me. :rolleyes:
  5. D

Appears to be a Fix for Gen 1 cars! Gen 2-3 are Software.

Anyone think they may balk at my 2micron filter kit? HPFP is original at 337k miles.
  6. D

2.0 Gen 1 fix approved

On a 2009 sure, since it gets one anyway. On an '11, will they make you pay for a new dpf and egr (if defective/broken currently) in order to get their fix or would they to have eat that in order to make the car compliant?
  7. D

Appears to be a Fix for Gen 1 cars! Gen 2-3 are Software.

Can I get a free exhaust system before August?!? No don't close the thread yet! I'm still hoping....for.....closure? :D What I really want to know is: Can I get a free exhaust system for my 2011 before August?!? :eek:
  8. D

Memorial Gathering for Oilhammer's son, St. Louis MO 04/22/17

BTW, I wish to reiterate the gathering tomorrow is informal. I think the term used was "Irish Wake." (new to me, too) So you all know. :)
  9. D

Update: The family requests any donations be made to the Lowe Syndrome Association on Nicholas' behalf. www.lowesyndrome.org I know Oilhammer is grateful for all the support of this community, it is a heart-warming thing to see.
  10. D

Hello everyone, I've received a couple messages about getting donations to the family. For anyone who would care to PM me, I will be glad to provide an address where your contributions can reach them. Thank you. :)
  11. D

Our newest diesel is here!

Anyone following this thread may wish to see this. :( http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=476463
  12. D

I regret to announce the sad news of the passing of renowned TDI Club member Oilhammer's youngest son Nicholas from complications of his condition. He was only 12. There will be an informal memorial gathering this Saturday April 22nd in St. Louis, MO, (Affton MO more specifically) at the...
  13. D

My fun experience trying to buy one of the remaining new tdis.

Why not offer 50 or 75% down payment and ask "how risky am I now?" ;) Could you get the $5k off with a VW "high risk loan"? If so, who cares what they call it, or the interest rate, you got the money to get their loan and quickly pay it off, screwing them out of most of their interest profit...