Recent content by doug1976

1. D

Need Help: Turbo wind noise and Jump in power at 2200 RPM

Friends - 2006 Jetta TDI BRM, 220,000 miles, 5 speed Manual - Issue engine wind noise up to 2200 RPM and then quiets down and noticable jump in engine power. No Check Engine Light. I'm not an expert on turbo diesels but heard of the term waste gate. Could my waste gate be exhausting air...
  2. D

For Better or Worse - 200,000+ Miles with a 2006 Jetta TDI

Hope you haven't jinxed me. Never done anything with the coolant flange.
  3. D

For Better or Worse - 200,000+ Miles with a 2006 Jetta TDI

2006: Purchased a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM sitting on a used car lot with 16,000 miles. 5 speed manual. Car looked and smelled new. The lot owner drove it to my work and told me car still under warranty, etc. These vehicles were hot and in short supply as fuel prices were going up. I had a...
  4. D

Delayed Air Conditioning

Another Success Story Changed RCV on my Jetta MK5 and had shop pull vacuum and recharge. All is good. But they did say that system was low of Freon. All is good now.
  5. D

Rebuilding BRM Injectors? and what to do about dropped socket in engine

Tools in Sump All Gone Recovered all the parts with a magnet during an oil change. Oil Pan was recently pulled for another job and nothing was found. So I must have fished them all out during the oil change. Still have 4 injectors looking for someone to rebuild them.
  6. D

HELP! 2006 Jetta TDI Stalling

Mechanic says he has my stalling issue fixed. After changing fuel filter -nofix, pressure regulator-no fix. I convinced him to install an OEM lift pump I was saving. He was sure that wasn't it because he could hear the pump working and it filled the filter housing. But then he noticed that the...
  7. D

Manual says the ESS is located under oil filter a little to the driver's side. Quick update I have my TDI at the shop now as it is too annoying to drive in traffic anymore with the stalling. It will get worse. Still no codes being thrown. Money pit time? I told them to keep it for a week...
  8. D

The temp was 82 F this weekend. I drove around for almost an hour with the Vagcom connected. Lift pump is working fine- squirts fuel out of the fuel filter when you turn on the key (no engine running). I could only get it to stall once with A/C running. Set no new codes. Vagcom did have 3...
  9. D

Going to change lift pump this weekend and check for chaffed wire on Engine Speed sensor. I'll also do the vagcom thing and see if it sees anything. I did manage to stall once with A/C off this week. So it isn't a cureall to drive around hot. After that I'll check the air flapper. I think...
  10. D

2006 TDI intermittant Stalling

Stalling on 2006 Jetta TDI I'm having identical problem. Let me know if you find a solution and I'll do the same. Mine dies when coasting to a stop with clutch pushed in. Otherwise runs fine. I'll check with Vagcom this week and start changing parts until solved. I'm starting with the lift pump...
  11. D

Now my 2006 Jetta is doing the stall game Pretty repeatable. Stall when pushig in the clutch coasting to stop light. Only does it with A/C on. Wonder if my compressor is dragging. Can you guys check if your will only stall with A/C on?
  12. D

New injectors? When?

I changed mine because they were throwing an imbalance code and going into limp home. I wouldn't mess with them otherwise.
  13. D

Well at least my cam looked good at 70 K miles Well my cam looked good.
  14. D

I had been running with an injector errorcode P0272, etc. for a while and tried everything to fix it. Finally bit the bullet and installed a set of used injectors out a head with bad camshaft. That fixed it. No more error codes. Two questions. I have a feeling that there is nothing wrong with...
  15. D

2006 Jetta TDI Codes P0272, P0266, P0263

Solved I bought a set of used injectors and installed them. All is well now. Runs like new. Only thing, I dropped a 1/4" and 12 point socket into the engine and can't fish it out with a magnet. Hope it doesn't find the oil pump or something like that.