Recent content by domano 68

1. D

VW Selling Passat TDIs from storage lots back to Dealerships

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not but here it goes. I am starting to see the 2012 - 2015 TDI Passats showing up in Dealership lots across the country. Not sure how long this has been occuring. VW is giving these a 2 year 24,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Just...
  2. D

VW Dealership Gift Card

Email and p.m. sent
  3. D

VW Dealership Gift Card

Yes the card has been activated. I have already spent the $500 non-dealership debit card.
  4. D

VW Dealership Gift Card

So it is non-transferable? If this is the case, I will have to sell it to someone local and I will meet them at the dealership to ensure that the transaction will work.
  5. D

VW Dealership Gift Card

I have the $500 Gift Card that from the VW Goodwill Promotion that is redeemable at any VW dealership on parts, service work or as a down payment on a new vehicle. I do not own a VW any longer so I cannot use this card and am offering it for sale. I am looking to get $400 for the card. $100...
  6. D

Goodwill Package Quandry

I am in somewhat of a pickle here. My 2012 Passat was totaled recently and I have not had a chance to use my $500 dealership card. We are probably not going to buy a new Passat at this time due to the value of my 2012 being much lower than I had hoped for. I am now stuck with this dealership...
  7. D

VW engine Toast!

How far does the power train warranty go to? Did VW extend this due to the known turbo issue? If so, how far? TIA!
  8. D

40K service checklist

Performed the DSG service, new air filter, DEF top off and new fuel filter this weekend with no problems. Fuel filter very easy: unbolted, removed old filter, added new filter, topped off housing with PS. Cranked right up. Get the VW 1/2 gal adblue bottle for the DEF. Great design and...
  9. D

Battery Tray to airbox connection

Starting the DSG service on my 2012 Passat. There is one bolt that connects the battery tray to the air box that has a star shaped rubber top. Not sure how to remove this "bolt" with a rubber top. Any help here would be much appreciated. Those of you that have done the DSG service will know...
  10. D

I'm out ?

Interesting story. We went from a brand new 2011 Pilot to a 2012 Passat TDI. The tranny went out on the Pilot at 5k. Ok, random event. Got an extended warranty out of it. Then at 7k, the r&p steering went out. Ok, not random. Incompetent dealership destroying r&p during tranny install...
  11. D

Just finished the 40k service myself

Plan on doing this tomorrow on my 2012. The only thing that I am unsure of is getting the airbox out of the way. After watching this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMbchti7Qjo I have a better idea on how to get it out of the way. I know its a Jetta but looks identical to my Passat...