1. D

2006-2009 Golf TDI - good commuter?

That's what this car is the best at.
  2. D

2006 Jetta TDI - Possible Power Loss Issue

second the fuel filter.
  3. D

2006 Jetta Battery for the Great White North

but Wally's has group 48 batts for $77. Outspec's the OEM one too.
  4. D

Pelican18TQA4's '09 TDI: MPG, mods and everything else...

1. The BMW CPO warranty is not full factory warranty. There are exclusions. 2. BMW service is similar to VW service. The topside oilchange is quite similar with top cannister oil filters: Mobil 1 5W30 is very easy to find and is fine for the 128. The service interval is ridiculous--something...
  5. D

Headlight polishing results

The BMW guys also say to finish up with a spray on Clear coat layer followed by a last light go-over with rubbing compound a week later. Thoughts?
  6. D

06 jetta dome light and dingin not working

This was a switch in the latch, sort of like with the A4 jettas. Only more expensive to replace.
  7. D

DIY: DSG Transmission scheduled maintenance (40K miles interval)

Did the DSG change this weekend. Had difficulty locating the 14 mm hex tool. No luck with a bolt and vise-grips despite heroic efforts. Finally fabricated a 14 mm tool. Went to big box store (Menards) and 'borrowed" a 14mm open end wrench. checked size of all hex-shaft tools (cold chisels...
  8. D

Looking @ 2006 jetta tdi W/dsg trans Would You Buy?

Come on guys, this is a friendly forum. A.get a carfax! B. 1. Check service records and if unclear, inspect cam. 2. remember to change DSG fluid 3. get a new timing belt. This vehicle has its quirks but is definitely worth it!
  9. D

Engine flush

Said by a man who's never been sludged. I'm pretty fanatic about oil types and changes. suddenly have a SRX caddy with the 6-cyl that sludged in under 6000 hwy miles on a supposed "full-synthetic" valvoline product. Put in a new change of M1 5w30 and holy sh*t and ***? Plugged galleys, crap...
  10. D

Fuel Filter and no power

twice my fuel filter clogged, both times I thought the turbo had died. No high rpm/speed power. starved for fuel, not air, I guess.
  11. D

Vw reinvents the Touareg, 2011 model revealed

wow, looks much smaller largely because of the grille/headlight combo making you think "new jetta SW" size, not Tahoe/Tundra size
  12. D

0 F and not reaching operating temp

replace the 'stat. Bam.
  13. D

Need pickup tubing for Pella

most hardware stores an d bigbox stores will have the equivalent product. Its nothing special, merely the somewhat rigid opaque PEG tubing. Probably 8-12 cents/foot.
  14. D

Things hated about New Loyale TDI

c'mon fellow TDI nuts. ibanix had the only constructive reply in this thread. Reseat the filter and stop enjoying the drive so much. C'mon, admit the moan is YOURS!
  15. D

06 pd eating fuel filters?

What about the fuel in your tank? sounds like a pi$$-load of crud that will immediately clog whatever filter/screen is on the lift pump. empty your tank and clean it out. where was your last tank of fuel from? I would never never ever go there again. Any other thoughts along these? would a...