Recent content by docmanny

1. D

UNOFFICIAL Adblue Heater Element Failure Thread

2012 TDI SEL CEL came on around 72k miles P202B- Reductant tank heating That's my writeup referenced above. When the I broke the tip off the control module, I was able to drive it with a low pressure reading. The Countdown came on saying 200 miles of Adblue left. Well, when the nozzle is...
  2. D

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

You're welcome. Just be careful with how you seat the top back in. I have to take the bumper and tank down again next week so I can replace the control module. I tried to superglue the nozzle back on, but no luck. No I get a CEL for low fluid pressure and DEF stains in the driveway. No problems...
  3. D

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

I was getting the 202B fault with my Check Engine Light starting at 74k miles. I have a 2012 TDI SEL. Dealer quote was about $1200 to repair, so I figured I'd do it myself. The part number is 561-198-970. You can get it online for the mid $400 range. I wasn't absolutely confident about my...
  4. D

Adblue Need a gut check on price quote from VW Service Department

My CEL has been out since January with the 202B code. The car is running fine. I just ordered the repair kit and will see if I can do it myself. I've already removed the Adblue tank once just to see if I could do it. Now that its warmer, I'll try to see if I can replace the heater. I have 79k...