Recent content by DieselSax

1. DieselSax

EGR Valve question

Hi All, I have a 2010 Jetta Wagon TDI with 168K miles on it and I'm getting a CEL related to the EGR. I did not note the exact code when I had the CEL cleared. When I had the code cleared, they just said it was the EGR valve not opening. I took the EGR valve off and cleaned it. The valve...
  2. DieselSax

Vacuum problems

The brake pedal seems to work normally, so I assume - hate that word - that it is OK.
  3. DieselSax

Vacuum problems

Installed a new booster and got everything hooked up and started the car only to find it only produces about 5 in. vacuum. I thought, am I the lucky one to buy a bad booster? I've heard of it. Well, I took the time to fiddle around with all the vacuum connections with no luck. Then I...
  4. DieselSax

***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

Next challenge: #1590: Your TDI with a snowman on it. I sure hope this hasn't been used already.
  5. DieselSax

***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

TDI with dollar bill under wiper. Will this work?
  6. DieselSax

Vacuum problems

It could be my misunderstanding of that other thread, but the way I read it, that vacuum line next to the radiator is from the unit after the tsb has been applied. At any rate, I cannot find that line. Now, I must confess, I don't know all the parts of these engines yet. That's part of the...
  7. DieselSax

Vacuum problems

Well, that didn't go well. After a conversation with one of the service techs, I'm back at scratching my head. He said the TSB didn't really apply and that I could bring my car in for an evaluation. He said he could schedule me for an hour at $100/hr. I'm thinking I'll find someone on the...
  8. DieselSax

Vacuum problems

Thank you for the lead. I'll call the dealership tomorrow.
  9. DieselSax

Vacuum problems

Hi All, It's been a while since I've been around. Too much work and family issues to deal with. Now, I have car issues to add to it. Had the TB done last summer and when I got it back noticed a slight fading of the brakes. Figured it was the master cylinder and swapped that out. Bled the...
  10. DieselSax

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Good work from Trusted Mechanic Hi All, I just wanted to give a shout out for the good work I received from r90sKirk. I was caught off guard by not having my pole barn finished in time to do the TB replacement and had Kirk do the work for me. I am very happy with everything he did for me...
  11. DieselSax

Jumper cables on Jetta

Just wondering... my brain still acts as though I'm driving an older car when it comes to using jumper cables to start another car. Hook Negative to Negative, Positive to Positive and try starting the other car. Then came the cars that have computers in them and I heard there were special...
  12. DieselSax

Tire/Drive Train out of balance

Hi all, Over the winter I had snow tires on and found that at least one tire would not balance up properly. At about 45 - 50 mph my car would develop a slight vibration that one would think is a tire out of balance. I could also almost imagine the tire doing a wobble as if it wasn't running...
  13. DieselSax

Tire pressue warning light

Well it went off by itself. I checked the tire pressures and they were all close. I drove to work and on the way home I noticed the light was off. :) Sure is nice to drive on reg tires for a change. Smoother ride and better mileage. Thanks for the replies.
  14. DieselSax

Tire pressue warning light

Finally, it's warm enough that I took my snow tires off. I just hope March doesn't turn around and dump a foot of snow yet.:o While I had my snows on, the tire pressure light was on. I don't have that sensor in my snows. Now that I have my summer tires on, the light is still on. Is that...