1. dieselpony

sold 2015 Jetta TDI SEL manual

Sold Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  2. dieselpony

bump. new tags.
  3. dieselpony

Thanks! 56,500 miles. Fixed link and added miles to post. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  4. dieselpony

Selling my Jetta because I recently fixed up a B6 Passat and am trying to get rid of a car payment. Car is very nice with tasteful mods: kerma stage 1 tune, hitch and trailer wire hookup, weathertech mats, wireless charger, and upgraded engine mounts. Tires about half tread. Always ran...
  5. dieselpony

Chasing a suspension clink/knock

Reporting back. I replaced both driver and passenger side mounts with 034 Motorsports mounts from ecs tuning (60 durometer) and installed a 034 motorsports insert in the dogbone mount bushings. Clicking noise is completely gone. Initially there was more vibration at idle and when letting out...
  6. dieselpony

My wife helped me diagnose tonight by rocking the car back and forth - really rocking the engine back and forth using first and reverse while I diagnosed. It was tricky to locate the sound and I had to use my stethoscope to be sure, but it's pretty clear it's the passenger side motor making the...
  7. dieselpony

Since late last summer I've been getting a clunk noise when I let out clutch/accelerate and decelerate. Can be from a stop or at speed. Sounds like it's coming from the passenger side. Sometimes hear it initially under hard braking. 54k on my mk6 Jetta. I was thinking control arm bushings...
  8. dieselpony

Homemade winter front

Love the Scan Gauge! It's the only way I can really tell when the car is in a DPF regen, so that's the primary reason I got it. Secondary for temp gauge. And it's nice to occasionally scroll through and see my def tank level. Highly recommend it. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  9. dieselpony

Homemade winter front

I've been wanting to put some kind of winter front on my 2015 Jetta for a while. I have made them with pipe insulation and hard plastic before and not been super happy with the results Turns out our treadmill needed a new belt last week and I thought I'd see how the old one worked for a...
  10. dieselpony

Running too warm in traffic, or is this normal?

No, it's a relatively ordinary occurrence in non-winter seasons. It's not during a Regen - or the dpf would be reading 900-1200 degrees. Coolant temp is typically 197-201 during a Regen. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  11. dieselpony

I watch the level. Every VW I've owned I've had to add maybe 1 pint per year or so. This one is the same, but yes, it's between the full marks. Don't really know we're it goes. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  12. dieselpony

Commuting home last week in twin cities traffic the car reached about 211 degrees. Mostly stop and go up to about 30 mph. Ambient temp around 75 degrees. AC off. Car is a 2015 Jetta manual with a kerma tune. No issues that I know of. Just normal temp fluctuations? Normally runs 193-195 in...
  13. dieselpony

MN Chat Thread

I have a bunch of extra lug bolts if you're still looking for them. I live in Oakdale. Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
  14. dieselpony

New TDI Owner, Concerning Smoke/Smell

My 2015 regens while parked. I monitor dpf temp with a scanguage 2 and sometimes leave it run in the driveway for 10 minutes rather than shutting down during a regen. That is assuming it can maintain temp. Couple days ago at - 20 in the twin cities it started a regen and couldn't maintain temp...
  15. dieselpony

Front end clunk fixed under warranty

I was having a low-speed "clunk" over bumps at lower speeds in my 2015 Jetta, and even occasional noise moving the steering wheel back and forth rapidly. Made an appointment and dealer found that the driver's side stabilizer link had slop in it, and replaced under warranty (21k miles)...