Recent content by dieselocity

1. dieselocity

Any Club Members in W. Michigan?

Back in a TDI I'm from Greenville. I'm back into a diesel after a two year affair with a GTI. They may be a little quicker, but I missed my oilburner almost immediately. A warning for any who may be thinking of doing the same.... DON'T. I'm very happy with my 2010 JSW. It's nice to skip at...
  2. dieselocity

AT axles and stock springs

I'll take the front springs. Call me at 989-287-1166 Travis 02 Golf TDI
  3. dieselocity

800+ on a tank, whos with me.

Made 845 miles two tanks ago.... I'd take 799 all day long if it meant my A/C was working. Sweating in Michigan
  4. dieselocity

Need Stereo Help in Grand Rapids

Thanks I guess I'll just buy the keys. They might come in handy later.
  5. dieselocity

Need Stereo Help in Grand Rapids

I think I've blown a fuse behind my stock double-din stereo. Does anyone have a set of keys so I can pull it out and check them? Best Buy wanted $20 to just check them.
  6. dieselocity

2008 Jetta TDI sighted!!! (pics)

But.... Hydrogen doesn't have to be created from fossil fuel generated electricity, but right now you do need electricity. We would only have to build about 50 nuclear power plants to provide a fraction of the hydrogen needed to replace fossil fuels. (Disclaimer... the number 50 was...
  7. dieselocity

potential owner needs help

TDIHeater is nicer than a block heater Keeps your coolant warm and circulating. Instant heat in the morning and it starts even better in the winter when I have it plugged in than it does in the summer. Maybe it could be mounted to a Benz? Highly recommended, even though it's not necessary, if...
  8. dieselocity

West Michigan GTG September 9, 2006

No intake cleaning for me Not going to make it to the GTG until after 12:00 O'Clock. Probably don't want to start a big project unless I could start the project at the same time others would be starting, as I would need guidance. Looking forward to meeting some enthusiasts though. Most...
  9. dieselocity

What should I pay for this TDI?

With an automatic... I wouldn't go higher than $10,500. The mileage is quite a bit worse with an automatic. For my money that reduces the value somewhat. It'll take longer to recoupe your investment, considering you could buy a honda or toyota with the same mileage(110,000) for 2-4k less...
  10. dieselocity

West Michigan GTG September 9, 2006

Spud...intake cleaning" Can you estimate how much time a typical cleaning may take? I've got plans that evening, and can't get into an 8 hour job.
  11. dieselocity

New TDI Special Edition to be offered

hey now Quote - they can keep their pay as you go "radio" Sat Radio is the best thing since sliced bread; I’ll never be without it in any car I drive. Unfortunately it was a faulty VW antenna that moved me to buy Sirius in the first place. That happy mistake has made me a die-hard believer in...
  12. dieselocity

Mobil 1 Delvac in Grand Rapids, MI

Impex screwed up Seeing the sweet price at Impex I immediately ordered 2 gallons of Mobil 1 Delvac. When the box arrived they had shipped me two 5 litre bottles of Motul 5W-40. I was already set to do my oil change so I used it anyway. When I e-mailed them to ask why this was done they said...
  13. dieselocity

Mobil 1 Delvac in Grand Rapids, MI

Another Source for delvac 1 in GR I happened to go into the mobil gas station on Rivertown Parkway right off of I-96 and found gallon jugs of delvac 1 5W-40. I was quite surprised considering it isn't usually stocked in auto stores, and here it was on the shelf at a gas station. Price doesn't...
  14. dieselocity

MPG? among the newly chipped at MI GTG

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to be there this go round, but it sounds like I have a lot of guys to give me feedback on how many MPG's your losing with RC2 and RC3 chips. I want REAL world before and after numbers too. I realize that with a chip your supposed to be able to get slightly...
  15. dieselocity

Michigan Memorial Day GTG

Wild Dogs are attacking! :mad: :mad: I've got to pull out guys, I just spent all my funny money on a trailer. The wife wants to stay at Silver Lake (the sand dunes) this weekend as well. This one really hurts because I was planning on it for quite a while. Would anyone in the G.R. area be...