Recent content by dieselnewbie

1. dieselnewbie

taken care of - WTB MK4 Standard 10mm Injection Pump

I’ve got one on an engine (unknown mileage, but was a running motor) that I can spare for $150 If you’re interested.
  2. dieselnewbie

WTB: ALH longblock and VNT-15 or so around Chicago/IL surrounding areas

The 200k turbo came off my Jetta when I switched to a 17/22. Looking at it now I’d say I switched it at the right time, since there is some shaft play. If you’re looking for a core this would be a good one as the actuator was replaced not that long before the swap was made. The other turbo is...
  3. dieselnewbie

WTB: ALH longblock and VNT-15 or so around Chicago/IL surrounding areas

I’ve got 2 VNT15 turbos on hand right now. One is on a running motor (of unknown mileage) that I’d make available for $100, and one that came off my Jetta around 200,000 mi that you can have for $40. I travel the Chicago area almost daily, so meeting somewhere shouldn’t be a problem. Let me...
  4. dieselnewbie

Electrical !?!

I’ve had similar issues that I finally traced back to a faulty connection at the battery fuse box. The big red wire was loose at the crimp connection and wiggled while cranking, which resulted in craziness going on in my instrument cluster. Could have possibly re-crimped the connection, but...
  5. dieselnewbie

MK4 Power Window Conversion

I’ve been researching this myself as I’ve recently acquired 4 new doors that are power and my current ones crank. From what I’ve seen, changing both the wiring harnesses and the CCM is the way to go. This is not a project for the faint hearted though, since you have to strip down your dash and...
  6. dieselnewbie

MK4 parts for sale

Sent PM with wheel question, but forgot to ask what the bolt pattern is.
  7. dieselnewbie

FS MKIV Jetta GLI Recaro seats. Heated, that's right, Heated.

If I had seen this last month I’d be enjoying them now. Even at that they’re awfully tempting!
  8. dieselnewbie

FS - IE Rods, Neural Race pistons $800 shipped, ARP piston ring compressors - $25

Interested in more info on the R520 injectors - will send a pm
  9. dieselnewbie

FS: 11mm pump charlotte,nc

Interested - think I sent you a PM.
  10. dieselnewbie

I’m interested in this pump. Is it still available?

I’m interested in this pump. Is it still available?
  11. dieselnewbie

Timing and Delete

You should plan on attending Kirk’s GTG next Saturday. There’ll be plenty of people there who can help you!
  12. dieselnewbie

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 5th, 2019

Hi Kirk, I think i’ll Be heading up your way as well, though I can’t stay as long as i’d like. May bring a head along for Frank if he’s there, and I need a remote programmed. Looking forward to seeing the “ole stomping grounds” again - even if my college in Cedar Springs is gone!
  13. dieselnewbie

European Windshield Washer Reservoir 5L

I sent you a PM regarding some interest in this and a question. Thanks!
  14. dieselnewbie

WTS: ALH Intake pipe, Oil Catch Can.

Interested and have a question - PMd you.