Recent content by dieselgus

1. dieselgus

AWD Jetta...is it possible?

Ah yes, totally forgot about that little detail! Bingo on the B5 platform though. Little more room in the engine bay, and going from the 1.8T to the 1.9L TDI would be the more logical step (minding, of course, the 20% or so BHP loss thanks to the quattro set up.) V6TDI would be the better bet...
  2. dieselgus

XM brain location

Pop off the passenger's side end panel of the dash, nice spot there for a direct connect tuner box. Very easy, close to the deck, and convenient to get to if need be.
  3. dieselgus

zerostart in mkiv jetta

You can also get everything you need at Canadian Tire. Think I was under $70 when I did mine
  4. dieselgus

AWD Jetta...is it possible?

What would be wrong with converting over a 4 motion V6 Jetta, swap in the V6 TDI and associated bits....... may be easier to find an older 1.8T quattro A4, and do a TDI swap into it......
  5. dieselgus

remote start

Properly installed, a remote starter will not cause any electrical issues in a VW (or any other car for that matter......). Notice, I said properly installed. I come across and fix a lot of incorrectly installed remote start units in the day to day course of my employment in many different...
  6. dieselgus

Relocation.....

Hey folks, haven't been on here in a while....... I am now a resident of Prince Albert for now. So, if anyone in the area needs VAG Com services, just drop me a line anytime. Or, if there are any GTG type activities in the Saskatoon area, only an hour or so away.
  7. dieselgus

Rear brake pad and rotor replacement

Damn. Should have checked this thread. You could have popped by and borrowed my brake tool set...... thing works slick as hell. Would like to know what the tire shop did with the socket adaptor for the security lug. That would have made this job a lot easier.......
  8. dieselgus

Quick little weekend......

Hmmm..... appears there are some on this forum that like to forward topics and posts to other parties, which, in turn, causes extra stress for me. I know who it is. It isn't a regular member. But, it isn't your business, and probably should be knocked the hell off........... Sorry to...
  9. dieselgus

Yes! That is the one. Nice place you've got there. Noticed a lot of Volvo wagons for some reason at the Fred Meyer (large grocery store thingie. I think that's what it was called). But, the downtown area is very nice...... charming. Wish he had more time to wander through some of the wee...
  10. dieselgus

So, a couple weeks ago, we decided that we needed to see some new territory. Made the necessary arrangements with work, etc. to take a couple days off, packed bags, and fueled up. No particular destination, no particular plan, all the better half and I wanted to do was hopefully see Seattle if...
  11. dieselgus

WTB 2001+ passat wagon or jetta wagon

Thinking of selling my 2004 Jetta Wagon........ TDI, 5spd, leather, black/black, Viper 5900 Starter/alarm, mint shape. 97,000km. Looking to get 24k out of it.
  12. dieselgus

Siruis Satelite Radio on MK4

Yes. Use a SIRKEN1 and a Kenwood-VW changer protocol adaptor. You don't get any info display, but, all you do is scroll through the channels. It works.
  13. dieselgus

separate antena for Nav GPS?

There wouldn't happen to be OnStar in this car, would there? There will be some extra buttons on the rearview mirror, if I recall correctly. That would be the one thing that would have reason to use an analog-style cellphone antenna....... The other would be the previous owner had an in car...
  14. dieselgus

ever filled up at flying j?

I have always had the best of luck with Co-Op diesel in SK. Good stuff. Out here, I flip between Mohawk and Co-Op, and whenever I go into Wpg., I always make sure to fill at the J on the way out (they have great coffee!). I tend to never use PetroCan diesel.
  15. dieselgus

aftermarket double din radios

We do a schwack load of the Kenwood DD pieces in VW's. They match the OEM lighting and fit wonderfully, and are pretty painless to put in. Added bonus is the front panel mounted USB port. Plug in up to a 4GB USB drive, or, use any file player as a removable hard disk....... Kinda neat. Easy...