Recent content by Dieselducky

1. Dieselducky

Smoke Out of Oil Fill Cap..?

Oil mist...tighten the cap and keep truck'n
  2. Dieselducky

CHEAP engine splash cover side skirts

You will change your mind the first time ya smash your oil pan to bits... 630K+ on my car...Nailed a honeydew melon sized chunk of slag... bent the skid plate to the point it was rubbing the bell housing...no other damage... took a a massive chunk of ice to the front end on the highway....saved...
  3. Dieselducky

bad fuel economy

How heavy is your foot on the hwy?
  4. Dieselducky

Emergency brake cable

Gemco cables are quality LOL....I've changed my cables every year for about 5-6 years straight because of the poor quality shielding on the GEMCO cables...I bet if you look at your sales invoices you will have PLENTY of repeat customers for the same cables
  5. Dieselducky

Emergency brake cable

GET IT FROM THE DEALER... i payed 30 bux a side and is a way better quality cable than the aftermarket, solid waterproof shielding vs the wrapped shielding that lets water soak through ...Gemco and various other aftermarket garbage use the wrapped style shielding
  6. Dieselducky

Run second alternator wire?

All of the work i have paid mechanics to fix, I have had to redo ....i have never had one crimp repair last more than a couple years....they always corrode...break off at the crimp or come loose .
  7. Dieselducky

How not to do a timing belt change - ninedee golf tdi to the rescue!

Are the dealers REALLY that bad in the states....Up here ya might pay through the nose for repairs but at least it will be done properly....I mind you every mechanic has a "brain fart" once in a while, I just found a small pool of transmission fluid underneath the wife's car...Just had the...
  8. Dieselducky

Windshield crack

NOt sure about south of the border, but here if the crack in the path of the wiper blades it will not pass inspection.
  9. Dieselducky

2014 Golf TDI Defrost in Cold Weather

A/C compressor will not come on once ambient temperature drops to 50F/10C
  10. Dieselducky

Injen CAI installed

Yep those cold air intakes are garbage....i had a cone filter on my old Cobra years ago until i noticed all the grit in the intake...took it out immediately and replaced it with a larger filter box out of a truck since i NEEDED the extra flow with a supercharger.... All that grit is gonna sand...
  11. Dieselducky

water decarbonisation!!

Damage done by compressing a solid...such as water?...Add a touch too much water and something has to give....it will end up being a rod
  12. Dieselducky

OEM Glow Plugs

IT's gonna have either Beru or Bosch glow plugs ...I would replace with whatever make came with your car from factory..Also since there can be a resistance difference between the brands you can not mix them.....You can test your glow plugs to see if they are still good with a test...
  13. Dieselducky

Gasoline contaminated diesel fuel

Crack the lines loose on the injectors one at a time to bleed them out...when straight diesel is coming out each.. tighten
  14. Dieselducky

CR oil and BEW glow plugs

Somethings are worth going to the Dealership for...batteries....thermostats..etc....Are the glowplugs in your car the steel ones or ceramic ....I know the steel ones go for almost 40 bucks each...ceramic crack and fall apart down the cylinder....NOt sure where you can find the proper oil for the...
  15. Dieselducky

Think I need a new battery

Can not beat the OEM battery from the Dealer...They seem to be the cheapest as well.