Recent content by dieseldorf

1. dieseldorf

Harbor Freight 6-1/4 GALLON OIL EXTRACTOR

That's awesome !!
  2. dieseldorf

Harbor Freight 6-1/4 GALLON OIL EXTRACTOR

LMJ, you are correct that, in theory, the device could hold vacuum (it is not "pressurized") and do several cars without being re-connected to its source of pressurized air. See post #22, that is a vacuum gage. If you pulled maximum vacuum, you should, in theory, be able to do several oil...
  3. Audi doodie

Audi doodie

audi stuff
  4. dieseldorf

B7 RS4 3.0 Tdi

Impressive project, Machineman! I spotted this announcement this morning: "The Audi S4 is following in the footsteps of the diesel-powered S5, S6 and S7 by getting the same oil burner. Introduced in Europe, both the S4 Sedan and Avant are powered by a 3.0-liter V6 TDI. The diesel unit...
  5. dieseldorf

All weather tire information

Intech, here's a recent list of the all-weather tires: 3PMSF passenger-car tires: Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady Hankook Kinergy 4S (Canada only) Michelin CrossClimate + (limited sizes available) Nokian WRG3 (G4, too) Toyo Celsius Vredestein Quatrac5 3PMSF Light-Truck (LT) tires: BFGoodrich...
  6. dieseldorf

WVO carnage

Nemo, is the car actually worth saving at this point in time?
  7. dieseldorf

ceramic brake pads

Yeah, I've mostly moved back to a semi-metallic from Centric. They make the car brake as one would expect. Dust isn't too bad. Probably 2/3 less than a typical Euro pad.
  8. dieseldorf

ceramic brake pads

You'll find the pedal pressure to be high and stopping power not as good under normal conditions with "ceramic" pads. I've removed them from all our vehicles where fitted as standard.
  9. dieseldorf

FS: 2000 GLS 5-speed 102K original owner

Bruce, you should have a price in your ad.
  10. dieseldorf

And Now for a Totally Different Idea! : )

:o It seems like we live in a different era. Things aren't what they used to be. Times have changed, facts have changed.
  11. dieseldorf

Dude, What Color's My Car

Jacob, those do look like the VR6 wheels and that paint is Baltic Green (LC6X). Good luck with it!
  12. dieseldorf

This is where our TDIs are going

Diesels stolen from Silverdome: http://autoweek.com/article/vw-diesel-scandal/unsurprisingly-audis-and-vws-were-stolen-silverdome-parking-lot?utm_source=DailyDrive20170914&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=headline-center&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive
  13. dieseldorf

1996 VW Passat Wagon For SALE

First off, welcome to the forum!! The body looks quite good and it's that unusual blue color AND it's sunroof-less. All things in its favor! What is the accident history? I assume no rust underneath or elsewhere??
  14. dieseldorf

Pentofrost SF vs E

Pentosin G12 is widely available in the USA now, if that's what you want.