Recent content by DieselD

1. D

2015 Lower Control Arm/Bushing Replacement

Thanks for that input. Where did you get your bushings?
  2. D

Thank you for the input. I assume nothing to be gained to go with oversize rotor, etc., setup on a 2015?
  3. D

Thanks Oilhammer for the clarification. What pads and rotors would you recommend for a daily driver?
  4. D

Great info. Thanks guys. Is dropping the subframe difficult? I'll do some searching as there's probably a how-to thread on it. Might as well replace the bushings on both sides since I'm dropping the subframe or is it best to leave best alone? Do you recommend oe sway bar or is there an upgrade...
  5. D

My 2015 Passat has a bad bushing in the front left lower control arm. It's the rear, inner bushing on the front arm. Are the bushings replaceable or must I replace the arm assembly? Are there any upgrades to do at this time? OEM or aftermarket? I will be doing brake pads and rotors as well. Any...
  6. D

Options via VIN?

Where is the best place to find out what options a particular car came with using the vin?
  7. D

A3 Interior room vs 01 VW Jetta

How does the interior room on the 2010 A3 compare to that of my 01 Jetta sedan? Feeling a little cramped on backseat room with a very big and fast growing one year old boy in the carseat! Was looking to update to an 05 VW Passat wagon TDI but with the caveats that go with them, just not sure...
  8. D

Low Insurance Buyout on Totaled VW?

Thanks guys. I have been doing some looking on the internet and have found a dozen or so with like miles and not so clean bodies for $4000-$6000. I think I will forward some his way and try for a better settlement.
  9. D

Low Insurance Buyout on Totaled VW?

A couple weeks ago I hit a raccoon on the road with my 01 Jetta TDI. Amongst other smaller items, it wrecked the bumper cover, lower air dam and grilles, pushed the radiator support back and wrecked atleast one of the fans and also the air bag light is on. As things go, I had just finished...
  10. D

Passat vs Jetta Interior Room?

Thanks. I did see that wagon on Autotrader. So there is more leg room in the Passats, even in the rear seat compared to the 01 Jetta? I have plenty of leg room in front but we have to have the carseat in the center for Baby to have leg room as his seat now faces forward.
  11. D

Passat vs Jetta Interior Room?

I have an 01 Jetta TDI Sedan 5 speed with 265k on it. Now with a carseat in the back my wife and I are feeling a little cramped on leg room. Wanting definately to stick with a diesel, we are thinking of getting into an 05 Passat TDI Sedan. Having read TDIdad's list of inquiries, I was just...
  12. D

All Wheel Drive Diesel?

ML320 vs BMW The consumer reports I read did not rate the BMW very high, if I remember correctly. Yes, I thought the Mercedes did score well. I did find a 2007 ML320 with 49k miles for $29,500. Seems like a decent price, but still hard to swallow when its almost equal in price to a full size...
  13. D

All Wheel Drive Diesel?

Ml320 cid Anyone have a personal review or opinion on the ML320CID?
  14. D

B5 Passat TDI 4motion?

No 4motion Thanks. I'm sorry to hear I was right. I saw one advertised as such but I think it was a misprint. Sure got me excited though!
  15. D

Best All-Wheel Drive Conversion?

G60 Syncro or Audi Yes, I weld quite a bit in my profession. Also have done engine swaps including 5.9 Cummins BTA into 86 Chevy. I'm not familiar with the G60 you mentioned. How does it differ from the Passats in the US. Is the Audi swap as doable? I assume its best to use a donor car/cars. If...