Recent content by Diesel_Duster

1. D

Ontario TDi owners listing

441) Diesel Duster / St. Thomas /General do it all / no
  2. D

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish

Have a 2012 'Golf' wagon (Canada) - can't remove the rear head rests - DUMB for sure Any suggestions?
  3. D

Van Aaken Smartbox -extra wire?

Hey - I had the exact one - mine is a red, black & white wires. Check out this site or send an e-mail to Joe Hafner. www.dieseltuning.ca - easiest way is to ask Joe. The extra wire connects to the accelerator pedal potentiometer wire. It's a white wire with a blue tracer.
  4. D

2009 Jetta TDI engine rattle

Rattles all the time & Clunks in downshifting My 09 TDI Sportwagon - RATTLES - Sounds like an 18 wheeler in the morning - Had it back to a VW dealer twice - with no success. They (dealer) thought it may be the EGR valves - so they replaced them - it still RATTLES - all started around 2,000...
  5. D

2009 TDI Owners - Please Report Your Experiences Here

You're absolutely RIGHT - my 09 TDI wagon does the same thing (DSG) - and I've got another problem - Starting up in the morning (Florida - 60+ degs) it clattering like a semi - Checking the oil once of twice a day - I've even got people on the street - turning and looking at me! This is the 5th...
  6. D

2009 TDI Performance

Greetings - Had REVO on my last VW and it was fantastic but they don't have anything now or in the future in NA I'm presently in Florida and would like to offer my new 2009 CR TDI DSG tranny for your testing....I know of the better mileage - no smoke - etc - Any thoughts on how this can be done....
  7. D

Final Horrifyingly Stupid Question - OCI?

Have an new 09 TDI SW with over 2,000 km (1,200 miles) in 1 month - checked the oil that was directly from the dealer and it's as clean as a whistle - not like the older diesels that I've owned, that would be black after driving 1 miles - but MUST USE 507.01 ONLY
  8. D

SFL GTG # 16 -- February 9, 2008

I'll be there GREAT - I'm in Naples, Fl for the winter - would be available to volunteer for anything - could be there early - Just let me know! :)
  9. D

Heartbreak! Hallmark: All TDIs are delayed until summer '08

Reason for Delay? Here's another point of view - perhaps there's just too much OLD DIESEL fuel stockpiled in the USA - and the NEW 2.0 TDI burns ONLY Low Sulphur - What's the thought on this?
  10. D

Need Recommendations For New Tires

The best tire that I've had (so far) is the Bridgestone RE950's. Had the MXV4+ on my previous BMW 330i as well as original on 03 Jetta Wagon TDI. Just installed the RE950's and they are fantastic. Not as quiet, but grip like glue in wet (I pushed them to find out).
  11. D

SW Ontario June GTG (.:: CANCELLED ::.)

Re: SW Ontario June GTG Diesel Duster would love to be there on the 11th or 18th FOR SURE - Have a new 'surprise' to show off - my new 05 Passat USA version (huge diff from the Cndn one)Still in Florida but home in 2 weeks - after paying duty, PST & GST to get it into Canada. Let me know..Thks
  12. D

Autotrans acting up when cold

Godiesel - I've got the same thing - just got my new 05 Passat TDI GLS with Tip last week - sure wish they had a 5 or 6 speed manual instead - mine stays in 4th as high as 45 MPH and no heavy foot - P.I.T.A. for sure
  13. D

smoke + BAAAAAAAD fumes!

Just had to say something...I live in Ontario - Canada and drive down and back to Florida 2 or 3 times a year. I have never ever used such BAD, DIRTY, ROTTEN diesel that is being sold in the USA. If the refineries cleaned up their diesel - you wouldn't have half the problems. - I've used...
  14. D

Toronto Area GTG for the new year

Have to BACK OUT for the 28th - huge serious family matter came up - much more important...maybe next t :time - SORRY
  15. D

Toronto Area GTG for the new year

Would like to join in on the GTG on the 28th. I'll bring a bunch of Timmy's Donuts or is someone else bringing TimBits? Nothing much to do with my TDI - yet!