Recent content by Diesel Fumes

1. D

How old is too old?

I will absolutely never sell my tdis. The alh manual Jetta/golf is arguably peak Volkswagen. It all went down hill from there and I'll argue about it. I see you have a bew. Also good. I prefer the alh but still good enough So long as it's structurally sound, keep running it and dumping small...
  2. D

Compressing rear brake calipers? Does there exist a common tool I can buy quick?

Rotates fine. Hopefully try this again today. So it's not threaded? Need to push in as turning and it should go?
  3. D

Compressing rear brake calipers? Does there exist a common tool I can buy quick?

Tried that too but nervous about pushing too hard and slipping or breaking lines. Everything is too seized to get the caliper off easily. But will try again tomorrow thanks
  4. D

It makes sense yea. I was able to turn the piston as I thought it was that design (where you just turn the piston). But not at the same time as compressing. I'll give this another try tomorrow thanks
  5. D

I tried that but it's all a bit tight to get a clamp on there plus trying to turn the piston. I could give it a try. It's all put back together for the time being
  6. D

https://www.princessauto.com/en/disc-brake-caliper-wind-back-tool/product/PA0008414930 Would this work?
  7. D

I'll save the whining about vw designing brakes like this. But in short I need to change the pads and rotors. But had to stop mid way through. Anyone know if Canadian tire, princess auto, etc sells a tool to compress these pistons?
  8. D

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Admittedly I didn't know what I was doing. Hooked a can up and it went to like 50psi. Took can off. Started car for 5 mins blowing full ac. Then shut down and check and it read 80. First time I ever recharged an ac system
  9. D

10 psi before, 80 after. Turns out I filled it a bit much I think
  10. D

Just dumped in a can. No idea how long it will last but for now it does.
  11. D

I tried recharging the air conditioning today. I had assumed the whole system was buggered now for like 3 years. Charged it and now it blows ice cold 😀
  12. D

MklV purchase advice

Buy one that is as close to stock as possible. Sounds like this seller thinks mods = price increase
  13. D

2003 Volkswagen Passat W8 Wagon

I remember having my car at the vw dealer for service and overhearing a w8 having to have the engine pulled to do some kind of routine maintenance item. Can't remember what. I bet they are cool and fun cars, etc. But could be a lot of unexpected bills associated with owning one
  14. D

Lighted switches on steering wheel are intermittent

Isn't there a button on the back side that turns the lights on and off? Is it just being pressed on and off accidently perhaps?
  15. D

How stiff is your clutch pedal?

OK im glad im not the only one who feels this way. Very good way to describe the Jetta pedal feel. It barely feels like I'm pressing anything when I drive it now after driving the corolla for a month or so.