Recent content by diesel des

1. D

Hi Guys so whats new turbo wise. Any compounds? Might sell car. make me keep it..

Yea im driving a audi S6 turbo on Gas (LPG) now. 450bhp and 4wd so is very useable :) . Also the URQ is still getting painted. I really need to chase that one up lol.
  2. D

Hi Guys so whats new turbo wise. Any compounds? Might sell car. make me keep it..

Hi all. Yea really thinking of selling it. Been parked so long now. I just dont need so many cars. I took the compound setup off tonight and took some pictures. I could email them to someone if they could post them on this thread? PM me. VNt 20 going on for simplisity for next owner etc...
  3. D

diesel des mrk2 golf 200 WHP+ for sale?

the twins http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=152729&page=19
  4. D

Hi guys. Long time since i have been on here. Whats new with the tdi's. I see 300HP is now here. Great stuff. My car has been in a shed for the last 3-4 years as i have had no time to finish the twin turbo setup. So i might sell it as im not using it...
  5. D

diesel des mrk2 golf 200 WHP+ for sale?

As title. Car has been parked in shed for 3-4 years. For detals on car search forum. Its a 1990 mrk2 with a custom tdi install. Eg machined pistons PD 150 bottom end with 110 tdi head. 12mm pump. Compound (twin turbos) or vnt20. Buyers choice. Race 520 injectors. FMIC + loads more. LSD...
  6. D

Turbos...who's using what and what did it come off of?

Simple, run a wastegate too. take it from the egr port. VNT does ok to 4K then wastgate takes over. Best of both worlds...
  7. D

High Failure Rates, Shrinkage and Distortion: Tubular Exhaust Manifolds

Ohh a 034 manifold from a 5 cyl 20 v turbo. Who has one of those..... Yep i agree tube manifolds do give a lot of problems especially s steel. I like heavy 3mm walled mild steel. Also ugly but strong!!
  8. D

JSP Compound TDI

The Gt 20 is too small for a 250+ BHP car. But if he wants less than that, ok. The VNt 17 can work on a 300HP engine with the right help from the LP unit. I havent had enough time to fully utilise mine yet but it works well. The 12mm pump is in the post to me so that should help. Here...
  9. D

My litle power enhancement.

So PUG have caught up and have now moved to VNt on the HDI's. Now they are only 10 years behind TDI lol :) Ok, the LP turbo looks a bit big on the compressor inducer. maybe 25% bigger than mine. I aimed for max efficeincy at a PR of 2.5 with 30 lb min flow. But who is to say what is...
  10. D

HX35 and Borg K39 Combo??

The hx 35 is about "right/ok" in size. Would want a larger turbine housing.
  11. D

My litle power enhancement.

HP turbo looks about right. Whats the LP? Compressor size and turbine inducer and exducer.
  12. D

New dyno result 259.4 bhp

On A GTEC (not accurate but still) i would do 110-112 mph in the 1/4. Thats in a 1150(with me in it)KG Mrk2.
  13. D

Corrado PD130 new dyno numbers

Hatemi, i had the short to B+ on the maf too. As we are drawing so much air through the maf its outlet gets close to 5v so the ecu thinks their is a wire shorting to 5V! Answer was a larger maf or a diode in the maf wire to lower the voltage by 0.6v and keep the ecu happy. Or dump the maf and...
  14. D

VNT20 Comparison

There are many different vnt 20's GT22v,s. Some do have different wheels
  15. D

Des does compound (Series AKA "twins") turbo

still parked up as it been now for months. Im getting a 12mm pump done as we speek ....