Recent content by diesel#2

1. D

14 JSW floor mats/trunk liner -- Baltimore

bump really just looking to cover my s&h to you. coming from 21218 FREE pickup... trying to clear space from basement
  2. D

14 JSW floor mats/trunk liner -- Baltimore

trunk-liner -- Monster mat from 2014 jsw - free but you pay s&h from 21218
  3. D

Has anyone gotten a tune after the emmisions fix?

my $500 dealer credit applied towards Kerma pre announcement of any fix. once fix announced and once scheduled, i set back to stock and then followed the same procedure as I did on the first install. Within 24 hours I had my car back. I didn't do the DSG upgrade and appreciated the DSG-retune...
  4. D

2.0 Gen 1 post fix impressions, issues, etc.

2014 jetta sportwagen.. 18k I got the fix a few weeks ago. horrible dealer experience where i scheduled 10 days in advance and when arrived and only after signing the paperwork did they mention, "sorry sir, we can't get this back to you for 3 more business days and spanning the weekend"...
  5. D

2004.5 Passat Variant (eg Wagon) Baltimore

bump-- details at top of post changed
  6. D

B 5.5 Passat Wagon For Sale

Paul-- keep us posted. now that the fix has been announced mine will likely be next.
  7. D

2005 Passat GLS Wagon - SE PA $4800

thanks for details.
  8. D

just had car checked out thoroughly by mechanic -- ac recharge, oil/filter/fuel etc... everything looks good. I would suggest changing front axles next time CV boots need changing but things are tight/ok to drive. I am still waiting for gen1 announcement of fix but ... if you've turned yours...
  9. D

Timing belt done in Oct of 09 at roughly 96k miles. no known issues w/ tranny and car pulls/shifts strongly. There is a HUGE difference in how transmission operates due to Rocketchip. Fluid for tranny changed in Aug of 13 (along w/ power steering flush). FWIW my son has a stock jetta, an...
  10. D

bump... seems to have been several Variants coming up for offer recently. Given lack of response, i am in the process of scheduling to have some fluids done and axel taken care of so that i might hand off to a family member. also, sort of keeping in reserve pending what happens w/ the 14 JSW...
  11. D

turning soot into ink -- solution to dieselgate?

http://www.graviky.com/kaalink.html ​Kaalink™ is a unit used to capture soot, which is then processed into making Air-Ink. The unit captures 95% of the particular matter pollution without inducing back-pressure. Kaalink is presently under certification and commercial pilots, and available for...
  12. D

the 2000 golf, to which the "still running" refers to as part of my TDI signature means that it has a lot of miles on it. with upgraded turbo/injectors it certainly wouldn't pass today's smog standards but whoa, is it ever fun to drive. its also 18 years old now... so yeah.. its still...
  13. D

I did get photos up in the the picture/cars/passat section of the forum. go there and search for pictures w/ diesel#2 in them. I tried to photograph areas highlighting any imperfections. Car looks pretty good but.. not perfect
  14. IMG_20170210_153502

IMG_20170210_153502