Recent content by DI fan

1. D

New tune new MAP sensor 16490 code.

My new 3 bar map fixed the issues. Yes the new one has the slots in the metal inserts. And does not throw any codes. Thanks for the help all. Now I just need to dial in the fine details of the new tune and nozzles....... Dial in IQ for light haze at WOT and figure out max RPM. My old tune...
  2. D

I got about 23psi with my math too. I hope the 3 bar sensor will make things all good. It will be here tomorrow. Would the ecu somehow get limited to 2601 due to running the 2.5 bar map? We will see what happens. I will say, even running the 2.5 bar map stg4 with 1019s. Is great to...
  3. D

Hasenwerk, do you know if there is measuring block in VAG-com that you can see the actual voltage or do just have to do the math and use group11 to compare to? either way I'm going to compare your numbers once I get a new 3 bar sensor.
  4. D

thanks for the reply's. Nevada I just found an old post you had where you talked about the bad sensors. I did buy this one about a year or two ago and its been sitting on the shelf waiting until I finally got my upgrades for it. it has no slot and takes some work to get it to click in the...
  5. D

The sensor is a Bosch unit from one of the forms reputable vendors. She I first started it up I got the alarm code. I noticed that it wasn’t completely plug in. It plug it in fully butbstill got the code. Is it possible I fryed the new map? I’ll do test logs later 2nite and see how they...
  6. D

MN Chat Thread

Does anyone around the St. Paul/MPls area have a 3 bar map they could loan me today. Stealer ships are closed so I can't get one to see if mines bad. I've got a sort of cross post in performance section on "new tune new map" if u want details.
  7. D

I just upgraded my injectors set the I/Q to 5 via hammer mod, got my tune upgraded from stg2 to stg4 And installed a new 3 bar MAP. Im now getting 16490 codes. It won't produce any boost with the 3 bar map and won't rev over 2500. If I pug in my old (stock) 2.5 bar map (outside of the...
  8. D

MN Chat Thread

Thanks for the tip.
  9. D

MN Chat Thread

I made a weak attempt at doing the same thing and gave up quickly due to he fact that there wasn't much room to get a driver on hose clamp. Since a came up empty at east bethel I think I may make another attempt.
  10. D

MN Chat Thread

Has anyone seen any Alh cars at U-pull in east bethel? I checked Rosemount last weekend and came up empty. FYI I’m looking for a fuel filter clamp. I some how lost mine when was doing my last major service on the car.
  11. D

MN Chat Thread

I got car started. I think I t was the QA. On Friday I tried to hammer mod it back to my marks but it wouldn't move. Today I loosened the four bolts a lot more and it moved easily. I did notice that it was way over to the passenger side of the car. I tapped it all the way over to the driver...
  12. D

MN Chat Thread

486 are you saying the shim dropped out and you were able to get one back in while the pump was still on the car?
  13. D

MN Chat Thread

Before I replaced the seals I did get the fuel to spray out of the lines. Currently no spray out of the injectors tip. If i let the pump head come out too far when replacing the seal and the shim dropped out of place would this make it so the pump would not build enough pressure to spray out...
  14. D

MN Chat Thread

So, I replaced the IP seals and my beast won't start. Side note... The bad turbo has also been replaced. Ive bled this system a about 20 times. I'm still looking at a fueling issue. When I bleed the injector line the fuel comes out but it never sprays in a stream out of the injector. I...
  15. D

MN Chat Thread

Thank for the tip geeked. yesterday I ordered the turbo, filter&tstat and pump seal kit with cut off valve. I'll get turbo installed and to after the pump next. Even if that fixes it I'll have to tell my wife it not quite done though, otherwise I won't be able to get the injectors remand...