Recent content by DeTDI

1. D

Competent body shop in DE

Check out Blue Hen Collision Express Since your in Smyrna you might try Blue Hen Collision Express www.collisionexpress.com 5825 W Denneys Rd Dover, DE 19904 (302) 674-4525 A guy hit my right rear fender last year and did substantial damage. The guys at Blue Hen did a great job in little...
  2. D

Looking for a (Delaware) mechanic?

Go to the following site to find mechanics near you. I've listed 3, but the site list mechanics throughout the U.S. Good Luck, DeTDI Roadhaus.com http://www.roadhaus.com/shops.php Delaware Fischer's Automobile Repair 3428 Old Capitol Trail Wilmington, Delaware 19808-6124 Phone...
  3. D

P1619 Code

P1619 is a glow plug code. Matthew - I've never done this before, but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the reply. Barry, DeTDI
  4. D

P1619 Code

P1619 Just came from state vehicle inspection - didn't pass emissions test, the OBD tool picked up a P1619 code. Is it possible for the average DIY'er to handle this problem - I don't have VAG-COM yet, just a digital multimeter. And if yes, what's the procedure. Does anyone know of a good...
  5. D

P1619 - Glow Plug Relay Short to Ground

Just came from state vehicle inspection - didn't pass emissions test, the OBD tool picked up a P1619 code. Is it possible for the average DIY'er to handle this problem - I don't have VAG-COM yet, just a digital multimeter. And if yes, what's the procedure. Thanks in advance, DeTDI
  6. D

Dover, Delaware

Does anyone know of any good honest diesel mechanics near Dover, DE?
  7. D

Performance Chip Installers

Does anyone know if there will be vendors discussing/installing chips at the 'Fest?
  8. D

obd tool

To all that responded to my OBDTool question... Thanks for the info. DeTDI
  9. D

obd tool

Does anyone have experience using the OBDTool (http://www.obdtool.com)? Is it worth the money? Their site say's that you get Ross-Tech's shareware version of VAG-COM. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks in advance to all that reply, DeTDI
  10. D

obd tool

UBB13-ML-895031-ML-
  11. D

No Start Problem

I had 35,000 trouble free miles from my 2001 TDI New Beetle until saturday night. I drove my car 60 miles without any problem, parked and returned 3 hours later to find that it would not start. After a few attempts I just sat for a few minutes and then it started. But tonight the same thing...
  12. D

just came from the dealer...

Thanks to everyone for the advice. DeTDI
  13. D

Thanks to Tongsli & Just Some Guy for the information regarding my luggage compartment light. Any advice about the weak horn sound when locking the doors? BTW - I'm going to buy a manual and start doing my own maintenace... any suggestion on a good manual and where to buy? Thanks Again, DeTDI
  14. D

1. I just came from the dealer. I was told that they replaced the horn that beeps when the doors are locked (...done in 15 minutes ). The horn is the same as before, barely audible. It was much louder when I bought the car. Service writer says this is normal volume for the '01 New Beetle...
  15. D

Just came from the dealer...

1. I just came from the dealer. I was told that they replaced the horn that beeps when the doors are locked (...done in 15 minutes). The horn is the same as before, barely audible. It was much louder when I bought the car. Service writer says this is normal volume for the '01 New Beetle...