Recent content by Destro

1. D

BEW being a bewstard!

Its the gray connector on the front of the motor mounted down on the block. Mine started having intermittent issues at zero throttle shutting off the engine and preventing restarts without the accelerator pressed a few years ago that were solved by securing the wires into the connector with rtv...
  2. D

BEW, Which Turbo (VNT17, Hybrid, or GT) and Clutch (Daily or Endurance, Dual Mass?)

As far as clutch goes, I have run a stage 2 and 3 endurance from SBC on a 21lb flywheel, the heavier flywheel noticeably slows down engine acceleration and deceleration. My car originally had a SMF conversion when I purchased it and in comparison to a dmf car it was similar. I'd recommend...
  3. D

Race engine

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/j7rKM3YzI-A take a look at the comments, also check out the turbo technical database, start looking at compressor maps for the options your looking at and then see where the hy35 your looking at falls into this mix.
  4. D

Race engine

If you go look on YouTube there are some videos of TDI's running HY 35s, might be a good place to start
  5. D

Looking to buy tall 4th gear for O2J (5) speed ALH

I also have the 3.16 R/P with a .658 5th, its running just a tad slower at about 74 gps at 2000, but I'm also on 15 inch wheels with not the tallest tires. I definitely could see the use in a taller 4th, you have to run it out to get into a powerband in 5th.
  6. D

02M swap into MK4 Golf PD

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/golf-a4-mk4-tdi-02m-5-speed-to-6-speed-conversion-kit.html Might be worth reaching out just to see all the parts required. as far as I know the 6 speed o2m's for diesels are moderately hard to find stateside.
  7. D

Tune Help Needed

Yes, he does do custom tunes
  8. D

Holset + PD

Thanks for the advice Alcaid. Right now the power goal is mid 200's due to injectors, however in the future the goal is to be able to support low 300's.
  9. D

Holset + PD

Well, just an alert this thread is a little slow, I have a bunch of other things on my calendar, and it is seeming that this keeps getting pushed back, so either it will be happening before August or it's a year out. If ya do yours first I would love to hear how it goes. So far my main snagging...
  10. D

Car Stalling while driving!

At least on my car the OEM harness going to the CPS is about 24 gauge single strand wire that fatigued after 15+ years and started loosing connection. If you are able to hold idle after the car is warm then that's most likely not your issue.
  11. D

Car Stalling while driving!

On my BEW it died when driving if off throttle, it was due to the harness side of the crank position sensor being solid wire and loosing connection so it could not hold idle.
  12. D

Holset + PD

Andrew, Google and the search bar are super useful, if you look up the turbo technical database, it has most of the info on most turbos that are available and can be matched with a TDI and their specs, it's also where Lemoncurd got that map from. To understand maps/ how to size Garrett has a...
  13. D

///// Where can I buy upgraded intercooler piping ?? //////

I can say that when I did my bigger SMIC, I went with 2.25 inch as it was the inlet to my manifold, it took a 2-inch hump hose connector(from turbo outlet pipe to 1.8t pancake) then 2 to 2.5 inch out of that into the SMIC, then 2.5 to 2.25 90 into a 2 foot (a bit long cut 2ish inches off)2.25 45...
  14. PXL_20210401_181113947.jpg

PXL_20210401_181113947.jpg

15. PXL_20210401_181106647.jpg

PXL_20210401_181106647.jpg