Recent content by deejaaa

1. deejaaa

DIY: rear air shocks, 02 Jetta(ghetto mod)

so glad to hear it worked out for you. now just put a 2” lift on the front.
  2. deejaaa

nice! glad it worked. after having this done over 6 years ago i'm surprised more haven't tried it.
  3. deejaaa

no. it's way more involved and expensive.
  4. deejaaa

the biggest con with bags was pinching to get them in the spring.
  5. deejaaa

no issues at all. just make sure the o-rings are used or there will be some. unfortunately i don't drive the car at all. it's been sitting in the driveway for a year and was in the garage a little over a year. i work local so no need for a high mpg vehicle. i daily the one ton chevy wherever i...
  6. deejaaa

Comparison Test: LED drop-in headlight bulbs vs. halogen bulbs [pics inside]

not sure if that is really the issue: it's glare to the oncoming drivers on the road.
  7. deejaaa

5 speed with shifter problems

mine quit working Fri on the way home. i was in 4th so was able to get home. checked it with advice from this post and ordered the Cable Saver Replacement Cable End Bushing Set. cheap enough and should be easy once i get the access hole done.
  8. deejaaa

60 MPG / 900 Mile Club / 1000 Mile Club

sounds good to me! i drove 1 tankful to push mpg to 62, once. the stress from that tank, going 55, forced me to never do that again, that was on a 3 lane freeway.
  9. deejaaa

can't take all the credit but you're welcome.
  10. deejaaa

glad it worked. what do you plan to carry?
  11. deejaaa

Back on the Road

i used to drive 600 miles each week. now it gets driven once or twice a week with only 30 miles each trip. drive the truck mostly.
  12. deejaaa

IBW Gets a New Engine

amazing journey. i've done nothing to mine but got my 93 chevy 4 door 3500 diesel back on the road after losing my job. F U BOP.
  13. deejaaa

Chinese Stereo Alternative for most VWs

no. it's sitting on the shelf. things have changed for me too much. one tank will last 3 months because i don't make the long drives any more. sorry. might never get done.
  14. deejaaa

Headlight Adjustment Hack?

i had the same retrofits and had to use the plastic shims that were provided. the left one burned out after a week and was such a pain to get working again i threw them in the garbage. OEM with glass lenses for me now.