Recent content by Declan023

1. Declan023

Blown vnt17, 25000km...

Definitely** not an exhaust leak
  2. Declan023

Blown vnt17, 25000km...

It could be possible that chunks chipped the turbine or something... I'm gonna look with an inspection cam tonight. It's decently not an exhaust leak because I have the exhaust off right now and it's doing it as bad as before, I almost wonder if the penetrating oil cooked or solidified overnight...
  3. Declan023

Blown vnt17, 25000km...

My vnt17 vanes have been sticking on and off for about a week now so I decided to try to free them up. I took the actuator off and i could feel the vgt was very sticky in certain spots, so I took the exhaust off of the turbo and sprayed some penetrating oil in to try to get it in the vgt...
  4. Declan023

A little hard to start after sitting 6-8 hrs.

I started having the same problem with my car when I did the hammer mod and advanced the fuel pump timing. I think if the timing is advanced too far it will start hard when its colder, mine even starts hard when its +20c out and idles rough for a bit. It started perfectly before I advanced the...
  5. Declan023

What's the easiest/most common place to tap boost?

I drilled into the plastic piping after the intercooler, just threaded a brass fitting in with some thread sealant and used quarter-inch airline to go to the gauge.
  6. Declan023

Any way to have a blow off valve as an alternative to vvt? (vanes stuck)

I drove it up on a curb and got a vacuum pump to test it out, the vanes are stuck with only a tiny tiny bit of movement (about 2mm). What is the best way to clean the vanes when the turbo is on the car?
  7. Declan023

Ok, thank you for your replies. I will try the oven cleaner and get a jackstand or two so I can actually see if the vanes are for sure stuck.
  8. Declan023

I don't have a lot of tools with me but it appears all of the vacuum lines are good, the N75 valve is also good, it all seems to hold vacuum. The only thing I could think of it being is the vanes stuck or the actuator not working, which seems to be unlikely since the turbo only has around 20000k...
  9. Declan023

My vanes are stuck on my turbo right now causing excessive boost pressures and forcing it into limp mode. I am in BC and need to drive back to Manitoba in a couple of weeks, and don't have a shop to work on my car in and don't have enough time to take my turbo off and clean the vanes. I usually...
  10. Declan023

g60/vr6 clutch stage 4 tune

OK thanks, Its so hard to drive it nicely lol but i'll try. I will turn my iq up more so I have a little less power and turn my boost down. 26psi on a vnt17 isn't healthy for it anyways.
  11. Declan023

g60/vr6 clutch stage 4 tune

I was wondering if anybody knows what a malone stage 4 tune, 11mm pump, vnt17, .205 nozzles puts out at the crank. The clutch is supposed to be able to hold 300ftlb and the tune is ~275ftlb to the wheels. I could turn my boost down a bit. I didnt realize the tune was measured to the wheels and I...
  12. Declan023

99 jetta tdi 1.9 starts then shuts right off

How long does it run for? Is there anything flashing on the dash when you try? It might be the immobilizer, mine had a similar problem and it was the immobilizer.
  13. Declan023

Tranny sounds like ball bearings in a tin can

Could my crank dampener be causing more vibrations? its probably worn out or all leaked out.
  14. Declan023

2000 Mk4 Jetta, died while driving, wont start now.

Is it getting fuel to the injectors? try cracking the lines loose and crank, see if fuel comes out. Edit: I'm sorry I really need to read through before I reply. Didn't see that it starts when you put positive to fuel shutoff.
  15. Declan023

Metal shavings where they shouldn’t be

that doesn't look that bad. If its boosting, not making noise and doesn't have much play i'd say don't change it. Just a waste of money imo Edit: didn't realize you said it was making noise nvm then. just make sure its the actual turbo first.