Recent content by Dcwhybrew

1. D

Purchased a '15 Passat TSI SE Tonight

I probably should have bought a Honda. I was considering it. I just liked the size of the Passat more. I drove my TSI to Nashville and already miss the TDI. I used to make the trip on one tank of fuel with fuel to spare. Not anymore ? I didn't come close to the 36 MPGs the TSI is rated for. 33...
  2. D

Purchased a '15 Passat TSI SE Tonight

Well, I hate to sell back my '13 Passat TDI SE but I decided too. It was a very hard decision. I love the fuel mileage and range. I drive at least 164 miles per days, Monday - Friday. However my TDI had 126k miles, needed the heater core replaced (which I missed the extended warranty :mad:)...
  3. D

Just my luck.....no check!!

I have a question...where do you chose the EFT vs Check option?
  4. D

Turbo lag or what?

My understanding is that the delay isn't turbo lag, it is an ECU delay. I could be wrong. I have the DSG transmission and I don't like the delay. I have learned to drive with it thought. Sometimes it catches me when I am not paying attention.
  5. D

'13 Passat TDI SE Reduced MPGs

The old tires were the Continental Contiprocontacts with 4-5/32. The new tires are Michelin Primacy MXM4s with 9.5/32
  6. D

I asked them about any software updates. The service advisor denied that they installed any. Interestingly, a lady I work with has a VW Jetta TDI. I believe when she hit 100k miles (like I just did) her car had reduced mpgs after being serviced. I still wonder if the dealer did install a...
  7. D

I will check the tire pressures. They're new.
  8. D

My 13 Passat TDI SE has recently dropped fuel mileage from 40-42 to 37ish. I am driving the same route every day. Two weeks ago I had the 100k mile service completed. I had new tires installed last weekend. Today I had the alignment checked. We have had consistent weather (sunny). This is...
  9. D

VWGoA – Online Claims

If you look at the mileage table, the buy back rate changes $360 or $390 (I can't remember which) per 5,000 mile interval.
  10. D

Continental Pure Contacts vs Michelin Primacy MXM4

Well, I had the Michelin Primacy MXM4s installed today. I thought about buying a cheap set of tires, but could not find any. I received an email from my local VW dealer regarding the recall, and signed up on the VW claims website. My buy back offer is $17k and the settlement to keep the car...
  11. D

That is interesting. I didn't think about a taller size. I like the Defenders, especially given the amount of miles I drive.
  12. D

Yes, I am familiar with those. I would purchase them but my favorite tire store doesn't carry them. I may order them from tirerack.
  13. D

Your comments are very helpful. Thank you. I am leaning towards the Michelins even though the Pure Contacts are rated higher. I have had really good experience with Michelins.
  14. D

I would appreciate opinions from those who have owned these tires. Do/did you like them? Would you buy them again? What didn't you like about them? I am buying new tires in the next two weeks. My favorite tire store carries these two tires for my car. I drive approximately 60-65k miles...