Recent content by DCELL

1. DCELL

Key replacement question

A friend parked her 1998 Beetle (non-immo) 5 years ago, and has since misplaced her keys. Question for you old school guys- does a Non-immo car have anything in the keys that needs to be “dealer programmed?” If I order a key set with door barrels and ignition online and just replace it all, does...
  2. DCELL

Any old-timers left? (I joined in 1999.)

I took the old Golf out today for a spin. Hasn’t left the barn in 3 months. Bought a 15 Passat last summer and haven’t been driving the golf. It was a good day to blow the cobwebs out of it
  3. DCELL

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled the trigger on a '15 SEL Passat DSG w/45k miles and all the dieselgate warranties plus the VW certified warranty. I still have my 01 Golf because I'm sentimental and I've owned it for half of my life. However, changing the rear axle bushings, parking brake...
  4. DCELL

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

The first two work together. The pictures are deceiving but the second one in your list isn’t like 2”x4”. There is also a screw and washer that join them and allow the little plate to swing out. I don’t know about the other two, they don’t look like parts I’ve used in a swap, but maybe those...
  5. DCELL

Life speeds by, I’m trying to slow down and enjoy it. Not much fast lane for me anymore!
  6. DCELL

Good to hear you still lurk around here like i do. Stop by if you are ever near indy!
  7. DCELL

I’m still around. Joined a few months after purchasing my first in 2000. I check in periodically here but don’t post much anymore. Almost 200k on my 01 golf. Bought and sold 7 other tdi’s over the last 15 years, but still have my original. Just surpassed 18 years with this car, so I gave it a...
  8. DCELL

Torque spec for seat belt bolts?

That’s what I was looking for. Thank you
  9. DCELL

Thanks mongler. I figured since they are part of a safety system, 8.8 bolts, etc. that they might have a listed spec. The bolt shoulders bottom out, and I didn’t want to risk over tightening and stripping out the insert.
  10. DCELL

I removed my b and c pillar trim to drop my headliner last week. I had to remove the bolts from the seat belt shoulder harness to pull off the trim. Putting it back together now. Can anyone tell me what those bolts should be torqued to? I feel like they are sort of important and I can’t seem to...
  11. DCELL

If you can feel the vibration, then I would check and recheck everything. Coolant lines shouldn't rattle- and they shouldn't be touching anything either- they will get holes worn through them. If you just think the noise is louder, you may just be hearing clutch noise- especially if you used a...
  12. DCELL

my 2001 golf (original 5spd) has never had a cruise light.
  13. DCELL

1st gen Tacoma ALH

I'll be watching this build too. I had a 1995.5 regular cab that begged me for an ALH but I sold it before anything materialized. I love 1st gen Tacos!
  14. DCELL

A New ALH valve cover GASKET ONLY>?

old post.... but since you bumped it- here's my experience: I never did end up buying the gasket to try. I gouged my hand pretty bad while just trying to figure out if the old gasket would come loose. I had an old one on the shelf that thought I'd try, but after I hurt my hand I just tossed it...
  15. DCELL

Indianapolis TDI'ers UNITE!

OK so it's been forever since anyone has posted in here. I'm feeling sentimental so I'll give it a shot. So many of my TDI friends have moved away in the last few years, or moved on to other cars. The "scandal" seems to have scared off a lot of buyers of newer TDI's. Older cars are being sold...