Recent content by daveyracing69

1. D

Muflerectomy with resonator tips anyone?

I went this route a few years ago. Sorry for the delay, but I've been so busy, work, getting married, buying a home, etc. I love my dual with the res tips, sounds awesome, with a low pitch, and you still hear a load turbo whisle.
  2. D

EGR Disabled

moondawg, Great explaination. Egr closes what then makes turbo kick in a little more pressure. I'm going to disable my EGR, I should then hear the Turbo even after start up because EGR is shut all the time. That whine will be there at all times?
  3. D

EGR Disabled

Keith, And everyone, I really thank you guys for this education. I have a better understanding now why everyone is disabling it, or better yet keeping it closed. Will I feel a difference or hear one. Right now if i start my TDI up, let it idle for 2 min all of the sudden turbo wine gets real...
  4. D

EGR Disabled

So basically, by doing this procedure it will keep my intake clean prevent build-up so there is always max power. EGR I assume is for the emmisions of Nox, my next question was why is this turn on, but I think I answered it. State emmissions!
  5. D

EGR Disabled

Is there any draw backs and is it fool proof?
  6. D

EGR Disabled

Hi Everyone, I have a MK4 with a tuning box and alot of little extras. I need to know more information on EGR disable. I do blow smoke on heavy accellation and early morning start-ups. Why are TDi car owners disabling it? Will I ever trip a code? Will I see more power by doing this, any draw...
  7. D

Old School Jetta Cold starting cable broke

Old School Jetta I'm looking too install a new cable for the cold weather choke. Question was on the injector pump, when you feed the wire/cable in and set the screw does the lever have to be moved foward, backward? I'm lost...
  8. D

Old School Jetta Cold starting cable broke

I also own a 82 Jetta diesel. I need help on replacing the cold starting cable that is located below the left vent. This cable connects to the injector pump. Any walk throughs would be a big help..
  9. D

Windshield wiper blades 21", 19", 13" OEM

Windshield wiper blades 21\", 19\", 13\" OEM I called a few places up including Impex, looking for factory wipers. I like using the wind deflector on the driver's side, plus passenger side there is a contour in the blade itself. Bottom line is a need a mail order number, and some type of part...
  10. D

NJ GTG?

Well guys and some girls, if you don't mind I would love to come and check this gtg out. I will be coming home from PA, so I will get there, if it's ok with wagonman. I will be bringing my old proto-type of my gauge pod in the sun roof. It's up for sale.....
  11. D

Timing belt

I would do it at 60k, bad or not bad. 60 is a great happy, medium...
  12. D

Turbo noise from muffler removal?

I have no muffler or Res, pipes are SS and dual out the back, awesome sound, deeper the others. <font color="blue"> </font> http://
  13. D

Smart Box users

I've been at the 43 mpg for the last 2 months. Same fuel, smart box and colder weather now. 37 and below is not right. I have a heavy foot and at 43mpg but I have a 5sp. If its auto? maybe 37 could be right! No problems, just can't stomp like a 5.0. Jeff's right 2500rpm shift 2800 is even fine...
  14. D

Installation of K&N drop in filters

Gasket should go on the cover area. Tube of grease is for a better seal. Put the grease on the top of the box in that little channel groove, cover will go on and make a good seal.
  15. D

Smart Box users

Jeff B, Since the first post my car has been running like a champ, no cell except what I posted early. I learned don't hammer in 1st gear, get on short shift to 3 grand then hit 2nd. Then proceed to get on a little more. Ever since my little trick, no cells! Box is great in my eyes.