Recent content by Dave_Head

1. D

04 Jetta TDI GLS wagon TIP selling soon

Gold/black, one owner (smoker). My work vehicle - not perfect, but nice. Euro hids with cockpit adjust. Aspherical mirrors, mudflaps, winter mats since new, euro cluster with FIS, Blitz adaptor for XM, wired for V1, roof rack cross bars, Rocketchip stage 1 (probably the 5th or 6th BEW done by...
  2. D

Audi Unveils 44mpg Audi TT 2.0TDI Quattro

AoA is committed to put a TDI as an option in every car coming over eventually. They will begin with the A4 and Q7. After that, look for the A3 and A6, then the TT, A5 and R8. Then just maybe the A8...
  3. D

BEW fuel filter change VS. ALH

I watched the video a long time ago - now that I have a PD and its time to do the filter, what is different? Tips/tricks?
  4. D

Needing Rocketchip in Florida

I had one of the earliest RC1 upgrades in late 04 for my PD (BEW) Jetta wagon with tiptronic. It has been a joy. I don't harass the car but it has plenty of spunk and consistent 41 mpg on the highway, 37-39 in town. Jeff was a joy to work with. Sent him my ECU and had it back w/in 3 days.
  5. D

MFA Cluster repair, recoding

I have an MFA sport cluster in my 04 TDI wagon with an intermittent open in the instrument lights. Any recommendations to finding someone to TS/R? It also still reads in kmph (100kmph straight up) and was wondering who did recoding and what recommendations there were concerning guage faces. My...
  6. D

Taillight mods-wiring to tow behind RV

My 04 TDI wagon is going on a dolly for trips. I'm looking at modifying the rear fog position to add a dual element bulb for seperate light wiring. I don't want to add diodes to the existing lamps as the voltage drop across the diode will reduce lamp output. Has anyone done this before? Any...
  7. D

RocketChip or Upsolute

I went with RC stage one for my PD/tip after Upsolute told me every month for 8 months 'just a few more weeks'. I'm exceedingly happy with it.
  8. D

West Coast Florida GTG time?

Either day is good for me. Hopefully I'll have the power seats in by then. Finally got RC stage 1 done...
  9. D

Waiting patiently - Rocketchip PD stage 1!

No more smoke than before, if anything, less. Sent original ecu. Jeff will restore original software if you need it, or put your stage back on for free if the dealer over-writes the code on a factory upgrade. My dealer actually gives out Upsolute cards for our local rep, so I don't have to sweat...
  10. D

Received and installed today. Much stronger across the entire range. No issues with the Tiptronic. Well worth the money!
  11. D

Removing the ECU - Remove your wipers and the wiper cover. ECU is in the center, with 2 connectors. Disconnect the connectors by sliding the connector lock tabs outward (to the left and to the right for each). There is a lock tab on the passenger side - move that outward and slide the ecu...
  12. D

Shipped my ecu out this morning, as I'm flying to Dallas this week. I'll happily report butt dyno figures when I install it next Sunday evening (04 Jetta Wagon, tiptronic). Jeff's been a pleasure to deal with, explaining everything in detail.
  13. D

PD100 Rocketchip Stage 02+ Installed/Removed

My 04 Wagon (tiptronic) gets stage 1 next week... Can't wait.
  14. D

Even More Cluster Coding Woes :-(

Did you do the 'reset to factory defaults' on the new cluster? I had fits with my old isocom cable with sessions dropping on 312 software. Still had problems when I borrowed a key-usb and used the 409 software until I did the reset. Then it adapted just fine...
  15. D

tdiparts.com - GB for Bora HIDs

I got mine from Dan a few months back and they are awesome!