Recent content by Darkhorse892

1. D

Need Someone to look over my shoulder

How much torque? No harm in checking that out. What torque value should I use in this situation?
  2. D

Yes, I'm afraid so. Hose blew a few months back. I stopped before the needle went into the red, but I understand that the gauge might not show exactly how hot the engine really is. I can't see what else it could be at this point. I've got a line on a rebuilt head anyway. I figure if I'm...
  3. D

Ok, I just bypassed the EGR by running the hose into the heater core. I blocked off that small hose on top of the EGR. Same problem as before, but I've noticed when I run the car with the reservoir cap off, air streams in from the bottom, like someone is blowing into it hard with a straw...
  4. D

Importing an Amarok

Hi Thunder, a friend of mine said that there was someone in Kenora that was importing vehicles, but that was years ago. I've seen a few right handers out here too, pretty cool, but I can't remember what make they are off the top of my head.
  5. D

Well, it certainly can't hurt to try the bypass for a moment. It goes through coolant like a camel! I was wondering where all the fluid was going, but I think it's pressurizing the ball, it overflows, and the coolant is coming out way down the subframe. I forgot to mention that I would like...
  6. D

Thanks, I keep seeing that posted. My mechanic said the same thing, a very rare thing for it to fail. But I followed a suggested posting here that said I should (with the car cold first thing in the morning) open the reservoir to let the air out, screw the cap back on, and run the car at 2200...
  7. D

I had my wife's 03 TDI timing belt changed last February. My mechanic (good guy) said the head gasket was leaking, some soot in the reservoir and whatnot. I would like to save some bucks, and I'm quite sure that I can do it myself, but I'd like to avoid first timer errors. You wouldn't even...
  8. Black Jetta

Black Jetta

Jetta for Sale
  9. Plum Jetta

Plum Jetta

Jetta for Sale