Recent content by darkhorse

1. darkhorse

What is Handling?

I've run with Koni FSD's for several years now. I love the handling & ride.
  2. darkhorse

200whp dyno run?

198 hp 310 ft/lb My 2006 Golf. The Mustang dyno is very conservative.
  3. darkhorse

TDI Ranger Build

I'm impressed!
  4. darkhorse

MN Chat Thread

By the way, that's the second small end failure I've had but never any trouble with the big end.
  5. darkhorse

MN Chat Thread

I found my annoying rattle. I replaced both ends with Vibra Technics parts from Dark Side Developments. (3 day service from England, by the way). The difference is astounding. The old one did not go without a fight. Notice the broken bolt.
  6. IMG_4863

IMG_4863

In with the new
  7. IMG_4862

IMG_4862

Out with the old
  8. darkhorse

R32 snorkel and airbox install

I have the R32 snorkel & the PD150 filter top. I had to trim out the filter top to fit the snorkel.
  9. darkhorse

R32 snorkel and airbox install

I have one on my BEW Golf. No problems with the battery cover.
  10. darkhorse

Colt Stage II cam community dyno vote

Your observations are valid but the shape of the torque curve is the pertinent factor. The power comes on sooner & lasts longer. The stage 2 is not billed as a performance cam but an improvement over the stock in durability.
  11. darkhorse

SMIC installation with pics

I'm using the same SMIC. I track intake temps with a Scangauge. at boosts of 20psi or so it's all that's needed. In hot weather & boost over 20psi it starts to heat soak.
  12. darkhorse

stock cam Colt cam
  13. darkhorse

For what it's worth, I have pulls with my car that compare the stock cam with the Colt Stage II. Not much change in peak but considerably broader curve.
  14. darkhorse

Hybrid vs VNT on AHU - Best option

I think you would need a hybrid such as the 17/22 or Kerma's K3 18/56, to get to the 200 hp level. For a little more expense you could go with a GTB series. Darkside Developments has quite a selection.
  15. darkhorse

Kerma tuner vs Malone?

Chriszr2, have you decided on a tuner yet? I think you would be happy with either one but best to contact both then decide from there.