Recent content by Danielg42

1. Danielg42

88 4runner - ALH

Hey! I ended up selling the truck after ~3000 miles. I had no issues with the clutch holding during that time. I dug through my old emails and wasn't able to find any part number details, but after reading the original post, I recall it was just a standard package for the 1987 toyota pickup...
  2. Danielg42

Tdi in a hiace van??

so cool and a great story of persistence! Love the pictures
  3. Danielg42

Tdi in a hiace van??

I'd love to see a final round of pictures to send off the thread! How is the 4x4 system working? Do you think you'll want to regear?
  4. Danielg42

Balance Shaft Upgrade Shops

Does anybody have a more recent shop in southern california?
  5. Danielg42

Password hacked

yea, I changed mine this morning.... It was an old and short password I had used here, but for me it could have been breached elsewhere, as well...
  6. Danielg42

2005 Passat B5.5 GLS TDI in Oakland,CA for Sale

still for sale? Sounds like it would be a perfect candidate for a manual swap.
  7. Danielg42

B5v - AFN - 6 Speed - Conversion

Installed a trailer hitch, bilstein HDs and started painting my rub strips euro style recently! Just in time to move several 1000lbs loads of pavers from the local building supply store :)
  8. Danielg42

The B5 wagon has been super useful, as I've been building my house for the past couple years. Here are some phone shots of it, at work. :) 2 bathrooms worth of tile... Even though it went low, it never bottomed out and no tire rub! Totally different from my experience with my mk3 and large...
  9. Danielg42

Yea it's all there... When I went looking for clutches, somehow your vendor thread didn't come up in any of my searches. Maybe I should have posted here, asking what clutch to get first. Your setup is awesome and probably holds way more torque. :) Since I already had all the euro parts from...
  10. Danielg42

oh! cool! I had no idea that option even existed :) Also, I'd have needed to buy a US starter xD
  11. Danielg42

yea, I have a euro starter and spacer plate... It's a 240mm clutch/flywheel. If you wanna use the US starter, you'll need a 228mm clutch/flywheel combo Not sure about the crank swap... but I have a euro AFN and it fit just fine on my crank :)
  12. Danielg42

oops! the pictures broke! I'll try and fix them in a bit :( Pictures fixed! I found it by searching for clutch kits for the 6 speed. I came across http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/valeo-single-mass-flywheel-smf-clutch-kit-for-audi-a4-vw-passat-1-9-2-0-tdi-6-speed.html As much as...
  13. Danielg42

Welp! My clutch throwout bearing started squealing, then melted into itself, so it was time for a new clutch! Gotta nice single mass flywheel and 240mm clutch: http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,catalog,160,partnum,835026,d,VALEO_835026.html Converted my little floor jack to a transmission jack...
  14. Danielg42

Just did the timing belt and the serpentine belt tensioner. In the process, I cut off the mechanical fan clutch and left off the fan. It was always sticking on and my engine isn't warming up. I probably need a new thermostat, as well. :p I was able to get most of my parts in the US, using an...
  15. Danielg42

98 Passat TDI Wagon

I made the car you have: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=372842 Just did the timing belt, water pump, and serpentine tensioner... I had to order the serpentine tensioner and water pump from overseas, but the timing belt parts for an AHU fit perfectly. :) Here's another thread you...